65 Barracuda driver's side mirror removal instructions

-

Karl Nicholson

Reaction score
Hi all,
I see one screw holding the mirror from the outside and assuming there's another stud from inside the door. Can anyone provide some instructions on how to access the screw or nut from inside the door. What needs to be removed and how?

thank you for your help!
Karl

Hi all,
I see one screw holding the mirror from the outside and assuming there's another stud from inside the door. Can anyone provide some instructions on how to access the screw or nut from inside the door. What needs to be removed and how?

thank you for your help!
Karl
Remove the interior door panel for access.

Thanks Lee. It's my dad's car and I'm trying to get familiar with it. I'm not sure how to remove the top or metal part of the door panel or will removing the soft lower part give enough access?
Remove the arm rest and the trim panel has squeeze fasteners that hold it in place. The upper chrome trim just retains the top portion of the door card.
It is helpful to have a trim removing tool.

Remove the arm rest and the trim panel has squeeze fasteners that hold it in place. The upper chrome trim just retains the top portion of the door card.
It is helpful to have a trim removing tool.

Thanks again. Sounds like I will tackle this on the weekend. Need to get the mirror off to repair the ball that's loose.

Thanks again. Sounds like I will tackle this on the weekend. Need to get the mirror off to repair the ball that's loose.
so I have the door card and the the chrome trim off. Reaching the retaining nut is almost impossible. I think I need a very long 1/4" drive extension. Is there any trick to reaching this nut, is it from the bottom of the door?

so I have the door card and the the chrome trim off. Reaching the retaining nut is almost impossible. I think I need a very long 1/4" drive extension. Is there any trick to reaching this nut, is it from the bottom of the door?
I just did this I have a 18" 1/4 extension worked well.

-
Back