65 Barracuda formula S owner thanks for having me

-

XLhanger

Reaction score
I have a 65 Barracuda formula S and 78 440 from my motorhome and want to merge the two any advice will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

20230807_131824818.jpeg

20230807_131820491.jpeg

20230807_131813122.jpeg

Welcome!!!!! Gonna be a snug fit. What exhaust do you have planned?

You are going to take one of the best handling car and make it one of the worst.
Trade the Barracuda for a Duster/Dart and do the swap on it.
65 S Barracuda is a rare car.

You are going to take one of the best handling car and make it one of the worst.
Trade the Barracuda for a Duster/Dart and do the swap on it.
65 S Barracuda is a rare car.
Ok well I can put a 318 Magnum in it instead and the rebuild the 273 which will have to be next year ... I've actually been thinking about doing that instead the only thing is the 318 is in my truck and put the 440 in my truck the only problem with that is my truck is a 4 speed 4x4 and I wouldn't be able to bolt the 440 and 727 transmission to the transfer case without changing out the rear output shaft and casing and I don't know if that will work with out doing more work on the transmission

Ok well I can put a 318 Magnum in it instead and the rebuild the 273 which will have to be next year ... I've actually been thinking about doing that instead the only thing is the 318 is in my truck and put the 440 in my truck the only problem with that is my truck is a 4 speed 4x4 and I wouldn't be able to bolt the 440 and 727 transmission to the transfer case without changing out the rear output shaft and casing and I don't know if that will work with out doing more work on the transmission
The small block is a great idea!
Sometimes you have to juggle things around, but in the long run I think you will be real happy.

I have a very good friend who is hating that he did fenderwell headers on his 65.
If he could go back he would have never done it.
Good luck with your project!

The small block is a great idea!
Sometimes you have to juggle things around, but in the long run I think you will be real happy.

I have a very good friend who is hating that he did fenderwell headers on his 65.
If he could go back he would have never done it.
Good luck with your project!
You're right it'll be worth it I think I would regret cutting the fenders also thanks for the advice

:welcome: from :canada:
I would stick with a small block personally, you will have a much better car and far less headaches. Just my .02.

-
Back