65 barracuda rear shock clearance

-

alexr1905

Reaction score
wondering if anyone knows what the clearance of the rear shocks should be on a 65 barracuda. The clearance between my rear shock and fuel tank is about 1/4" at best. Trying to figure out why its so tight bacl there or if thats normal

Are talking about the clearance at the tank seam? Mine is pretty close on my 66. I just took my tank out, so I couldn't give you an exact amount though.
Aaron

Are talking about the clearance at the tank seam? Mine is pretty close on my 66. I just took my tank out, so I couldn't give you an exact amount though.
Aaron
That is where its the tightest, just want to make sure everything is correct

Ha! I can only offer the same info as Greasyfingers. My tank is out also- waiting for filler neck grommet. Need to climb in the back and figure out the filler tube/carpet/trunkfloor/gasket/screws mystery.

Yeah, it's tight. My '66 was about 1/2" there, and that was after a lot of shoving/prying and cussing to get it to that point. Loosen the strap and try to shimmy it around a bit to get as much clearance as you can. I ended up pounding the seam down to get more clearance that I was comfortable with.

Just had my filler tube out last week. What a miserable task that was. Had rust on the end going into tank. Completely plugged up my carb. The re-install went a lot easier than the removal.

watch your 8.75 clearance too, I though my dome was going to rub a hole in the tank.

-
Back