65 Barracuda rear window glass

-

65Vart

Reaction score
I know shipping would be a hassle but, just curious, What would a 65 Barracuda rear window be worth? I might be able to get my hands on two pristine examples. Also complete stainless.

Early Barracuda rear windows interesting. They are very expensive and hard to find when you need one but when you have one to sell, no one seems to want it. I had an extra window for my '64 and tried to sell it after the car was gone. After about a year, I took $20 and was happy to pass it on to someone else who would be keeping around for a spare.

I have seen them go for as little as 50 and for as high as 250.....it just depends.....you might want to hang onto one anyway....they are like hens teeth....if someone needss it due to breakage....it is priceless

They are worth what you can get for one, I've given a couple away just to get rid of them and I still have 3 or 4 extras.

For every car out there, there is at least 3 windows for it. That is the part everyone saved when they parted one out and because of their size, everyone thinks they are rare and valuable, that is just not the case. You also rarely ever see one broke, they were extremely strong and in the 30 or so years of messing with these cars, I've only seen one broke and it was shot out with a gun.

I'm actually taking two of them and building a small starter green house for my mom's garden with them.

I parted out a 1965 that had rolled several times and the rear window was still solid! I've only seen one broken due to a pellet gun. I have 4-5 I'd give away! lol

Ya, I found out that they were easier to come by than my 64 Valiant(not Canadian) rear glass. I also have a 65 Cuda back glass still in the car.

I just shattered the back window from my 65 barracuda. I had it covered with a tarp and a huge windstorm picked up both and did not land favorably. Does anybody want to sell their back window from a 65 barracuda? Please e-mail:xxxxxxxxx thanks, Steve.

I've had a couple offers for replacement back glass. I sincerely appreciate those who have gotten in touch with me. I'm trying to work with cosgig to get a friend to meet him in Livonia Michigan. I'm not sure if a local glass company would be able to foam pack it for shipping? Obviously I would pay all associated costs. Steve.

This post makes me smile as every time I show my 65 Cuda I get the question about the back window and what happens if it breaks! Or how expensive that piece of glass is!! I always tell them it is the easiest part to find for this car and how I wish I could get the chrome parts or other pieces so easy!! I just smile and tell them its a great green house glass and here on this site we can get one no problem for a reasonable price or if one would give up his greenhouse!

65Cudalover :)

According to the "experts" on Desert Car Somethings, they are irreplaceable, impossible to find and worth over $2k. Of course then they deliberately broke one on camera for the drama of "reality" tv. Bozos! I have seen them for free before, as stated here. It is nice to have a spare but they aren't priceless.

Yeah, those experts also said that a metal scraper wouldn't sell a piece of glass.

"Last edited by Oklacarcollecto; 06-29-2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Email removed as that is a gold member perk only, please use the PM feature to exchange information."

Oops, I apologize, I wasn't aware that I couldn't post my email address. Thanks to those who responded. I have one backglass on the way. Hope it arrives in one piece!
Steve

I have had one laying around for a some time now. tried to give it away a couple times. I like the green house idea. sure beats sweeping up the pieces just to toss it out.

If anybody has a rear glass for a 65 cuda they'd like to part ways with in the Southern CA area I might be interested in scooping that up. My rear glass looks OK but it has some light pitting that blows the window out when the sun hits it just wrong. like it may have been carelessly sandblasted? I'm considering doing something I swore I would never do, which is to have that rear glass removed so I can replace the window gasket, and I might try to put some tint on it once its out. I'd feel a whole lot better about it if I had a spare glass... any local leads on glass or advice on the idea would be appreciated!
I have the same problem with the windshield and I found an OE windshield that claims to fit but has a green tint to it with a gradient band of tint at the top. Has anybody used these? any thoughts about how they look?

If anybody has a rear glass for a 65 cuda they'd like to part ways with in the Southern CA area I might be interested in scooping that up. My rear glass looks OK but it has some light pitting that blows the window out when the sun hits it just wrong. like it may have been carelessly sandblasted? I'm considering doing something I swore I would never do, which is to have that rear glass removed so I can replace the window gasket, and I might try to put some tint on it once its out. I'd feel a whole lot better about it if I had a spare glass... any local leads on glass or advice on the idea would be appreciated!
I have the same problem with the windshield and I found an OE windshield that claims to fit but has a green tint to it with a gradient band of tint at the top. Has anybody used these? any thoughts about how they look?

Hey Christopher. Toss something over in the WANTED section. You'll have greater success

Welcome to FABO

Hey Christopher. Toss something over in the WANTED section. You'll have greater success

Welcome to FABO
Good tip, and will do! thanks. Still would appreciate any stories about removing that glass though, is it as risky as it looks? I don't even want to do it myself, is it the kind of thing I could entrust to a body shop and not feel like it was undergoing open heart surgery?

Good tip, and will do! thanks. Still would appreciate any stories about removing that glass though, is it as risky as it looks? I don't even want to do it myself, is it the kind of thing I could entrust to a body shop and not feel like it was undergoing open heart surgery?

had a glass shop pull mine and put in new seal and lock strip - no problems

According to the "experts" on Desert Car Somethings, they are irreplaceable, impossible to find and worth over $2k. Of course then they deliberately broke one on camera for the drama of "reality" tv. Bozos! I have seen them for free before, as stated here. It is nice to have a spare but they aren't priceless.
I saw that show. I think it was Desert Valley Auto? Those guys were clowns. They did SHODDY work, and then advertised the cars as completely restored. They were all the time saying that this part or that part just can't be found. I practically yelled at the TV to just Google it, and you'll find 10 of them.

I had an "extra" one that I hauled around for years.... decades. Everyone says they are worth $300, so I figured I'd just hang on to it in case my rear window got broken. Then I got tired of it being in the way so I tried to sell it, starting with $300..... then $200, then $150, then..... eventually just gave it away. I figured if my rear window actually did break, I'd deal with it then.

remove lock strip. get under it and push up the top or bottom with your knees. It'll start to peel away from the gasket. If you have a helper just have them run a plastic wedge under the gasket lip to let it fold under glass and itll come right out. Your not going to break it doing it this way. installation is as easy: just lay it on and start working the lip of the gasket onto the glass and itll pull it right in.

-
Back