'65 Barracuda 'S' rear springs

-

RJG

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am not sure how old the rear springs on my '65 Barracuda 'S' might be. The car seems to have a bit of a low stance in the rear, and I am wondering how much the springs might be sagging. Also, they are not the correct, stiffer 'S' springs.
Would somebody have a similar car with newer springs that could tell me what the normal height should be. On my car the distance from center of hub to underside of quarter panel trim is 9 1/2"- 9 3/4".
Does the additional leaf on the stiffer spring change the height?
I am trying to decide whether to replace the springs (if they are sagging) or try a more simple method to slightly raise the back end.
Thank you for any input.
R

The 1/4 panel will cover almost 1/2 of the tire looking from the side when it is on the ground. Springs is the only correct way to raise the car without damage to other items that are not made to support the car.

Hello all,
I am not sure how old the rear springs on my '65 Barracuda 'S' might be. The car seems to have a bit of a low stance in the rear, and I am wondering how much the springs might be sagging. Also, they are not the correct, stiffer 'S' springs.
Would somebody have a similar car with newer springs that could tell me what the normal height should be. On my car the distance from center of hub to underside of quarter panel trim is 9 1/2"- 9 3/4".
Does the additional leaf on the stiffer spring change the height?
I am trying to decide whether to replace the springs (if they are sagging) or try a more simple method to slightly raise the back end.
Thank you for any input.
R
1208.jpg

This is the stance "Super Stock" springs will provide to an early A body with 15"wheels and 235/60-15 rear tires.
A bit too high for my taste so I'm considering lowering it an inch or so.

An extra leaf will stiffen the ride, but the arch is what will raise the rear. 1" or 2" over stock will get you there. I can't tell you how high either will go, though.

-
Back