Not open for further replies.

kopper65

Garage Rocker
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys,

I have a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda for sale. It's the 225 Slant 6 version (1-bbl Holley carb), so it'll probably run forever. I'm asking $4,500 (negotiable). The car starts up and the engine runs strong (even in winter). The body is solid and almost completely rust-free, just a few tiny spots here and there in the body. I haven't noticed any rusting out of floorboards or trunk bed. It's all pretty solid, definitely no rust "cancer" anywhere on this car (I've been careful to keep it out of the snow and salt since I bought it 8 years ago). Other issues with the body include some dinged chrome, scratches in the paint, a couple of dings. The car will need to be repainted at some point as the current paint (done, we think, back in the '80s) has faded and is pretty dull and even peeling in the area below the gas cap, revealing primer beneath. The wheels are upgraded Mopar rallyes with 14" BF Goodrich Radial T/As (I also have the original 13" steel wheels, wheel covers and tires that were on the car when I bought it in 2002). The rallyes still look great and were blasted and painted with the argent silver Mopar rallye wheel paint before I put them on. The leaf springs are a bit saggy and could use to be replaced (they're original). The interior is all original, unmolested, but could really use a redo, especially the seats and carpet. The steering wheel is in great shape and shows no sign of cracking. It also still has the drum brakes all the way around, but I do have a complete set of A-body small-bolt disc brakes that I bought a few years ago (just never installed) that I will include with the car. I also have a new rear window crank setup that will be included so you can fix the broken one on the rear passenger's side.

There was never a side-view mirror attached to this car, which is really rare. I left it that way on purpose. Honestly, the condition of the car is very good (even the chrome pieces, which show only minimal pitting). I've seen a lot of Barracudas over the years that look a lot worse, that's for sure. And the car runs and runs well. Starts up even after it's been sitting for a couple of months. Give it a little TLC with some new paint and fix up the interior and you'd be on your way to having a nice car to show off at your local cruises. The car is quite a head turner, too. It gets stares and comments almost every time I take it out for a spin. The attached pics are from about five years ago when I had it professionally waxed and buffed. Since then all that's really happened is the paint has faded (probably due to the buffing more than anything else), otherwise it's exactly the same. I've owned the car since May 2002 and have only put on about 12,000 miles on it in 7 1/2 years. Other issues: Original radio in dash does not work. Needs fuel sending unit as the gas gauge no longer works. Speedometer cable rattles in dash, so that could use to be replaced. Windshield is pretty scratched up and, even though it's not cracked or anything, should probably be replaced. Anyway, I hate to sell this car, but I just can't hold on to it anymore due to family issues. I'm hoping someone can buy it who can give it the attention it deserves. Please get in touch if you're interested. I live in South St. Louis.

I'll try to get some updated pics posted soon if it ever warms up enough for me to take it out and get it cleaned up. Meanwhile, you can see some of the older ones here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kopper/sets/72157623011995045/

Thanks,
kopper
kopper65 (at) gmail (dot) com
(314) 266-8472

Very nice example of that year model. This isn't the time of year to drive one home though. Someone will want to drive that to their local cruise-ins come spring for sure.

Hey Kopper, I hated to hear you have to sell the car, it should sell fairly quick, that's a good price.

I hope your not getting out of Mopars or giving up on SLAM.

love it! especially with the slanty. too far away

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back