65 Barracuda throttle linkage issue

-

aj2991

Reaction score
alright guys,

so im dropping a 318 into my Barracuda. I do realize that the rod used from the gas pedal to the carbonator isnt going to work. Has anybody ever mocked anything up out of the original stuff, or am i basically stuck trying to hunt down throttle linkage and accelerator pedal off of a V8 car? :banghead:

This is what 1965 A-Body (Barracuda/Dart/Valiant) V-8 linkage looks like... Plus you need the gas pedal that bolts to the floor... Should be rather easy to find...

Note: the V8 throttle plate also covers the hole where the 6 cyl linkage goes though the firewall.

Clif of Az.:coffee2:

Attachments

• 65linkageA.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 310
  • TCB.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 295
Until my best friend found me a throttle cable and bracket twenty some years ago, I ran a few strands of safety wire from my 3-speed column shifter through the firewall out to my 4-barrel carb. It made a great hand throttle; I even used it for burnouts at the nationals that year.

I have another thread in the wanted section for parts. Im gunna see what i could find. Hopefully something comes up! lol

I have another thread in the wanted section for parts. Im gunna see what i could find. Hopefully something comes up! lol

PM sent. I have everything but the surfboard pedal. one can be made from the s6 one pretty easily. Includes the cable too.

Mike

Here is the early A gas pedal assy. there is the main linkage, a small doubler plate for on the firewall (engine side) and cable. There is a new gasket and the hardware in a bag. ALSO: don't loose the little plastic plug from one of the plastic bags. It holds the cable end into the slot on the linkage....

My v8 gas pedal is shown next to a S6 gas pedal. The S6 can be converted, but is slightly narrower (1/8" or so). On the V8 there is a little plastic scrub pad on the top that pushes on the metal pedal lever arm "spoon".

I'm tossing in a S6 pedal into the box. so now you have an extra donor....

Mike

PS: Anthony: PM your shippng address to me!

Attachments

• gas1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 242
  • gas2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 253
  • gas3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 230
I could use a kit with similar parts,

Since I am converting a slant six from rod throttle to cable throttle I will need to get a different cable because of a length difference.

-
Back