65 barracuda

-

la2alle

Bad Fish 65
Reaction score
Hello everyone,im new to this forum so let me introduce myself.Im from west palm beach and own a 1965 barracuda with a 273 which i love ,great car.I would like to put a 4 barrell manifold and carb on it.Does anyone no where i can get these parts.

thanks in advance

La2alle Welcome to the site. There is someone here that can help you.
You can go to the welcome wagon and introduce your self to everyone.
And get allot of response there first. Everyone like's to meet the new folks
and they all will jump in and help. There is some people that live in your area
that are member's here, Heck some one most likely has a 4 barrell manifold and carb
for ya. Give it a try and enjoy yourself here. :thumbup:

la2alle, welcome to the forum. Post some pics of your car when you get a chance. Good to see another Floridian aboard. Theres quite a few early Barracuda owners here. If you want to switch your carb to a 4barrell, do you want a stock setup, or an aftermarket one? Either way you can post a 'wanted' topic on the classifieds here and probably one of the members may have one for you. If you are looking for new aftermarket, then there is Mancini, Summit, Jegs, and plenty of others. You can get a copy of Mopar Muscle at the newstand and see plenty of ads for them. Then you can always check Ebay, but be sure of what your buying. Mike

Thanks guys for responding so quick,i will post picks as soon as i can.I would like a stock 4 barrell man and carb if i can find one in good shape.

Back in the 70's Edelbrock listed a separate intake for the 65 273's. They claimed the intake bolt angle was 17 degrees different than the other years. I don't know if this is true but I bought one for my 65 back then & it worked great.

Ya, if your motor is a true '65 273 you need a '65 only intake. '66-67 stock 273 4-barrel intake has a different bolt angle. Make sure you truely have the original 65 motor first.

-
Back