Status
Not open for further replies.

paulclark

Early A fanatic
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a pair of 65 Dart front surround trim for grille and headlights (candy canes). Will consider any condition - if you've upgraded your dented trim to nicer stuff maybe I can find a home for your old stuff.

thanks!
Paul

There are several 65 Darts that are parting out on the Seattle craigslist. I have seen most of them. In Bonney Lake, in Graham, in Rochester and my neighbor might have a few parts too.

I've talked to the guys in Bonney Lake - the parts car there is now a project car in my driveway! No canes though... I saw the listing in Seattle but was in a little sticker shock from $250 for two pieces of trim. May have to bite the bullet and get used to it if that's what these parts are going for.

There are several 65 Darts that are parting out on the Seattle craigslist. I have seen most of them. In Bonney Lake, in Graham, in Rochester and my neighbor might have a few parts too.

Let me know if you know of any that I haven't seen - not seeing any currently listed.

In a pinch you can use the flexible chrome door trim from O'Reily's advanced auto zone etc. lasts several years

I saw the listing in Seattle but was in a little sticker shock from $250 for two pieces of trim. May have to bite the bullet and get used to it if that's what these parts are going for.

One year only trim parts - yea even ones with dents(and that's 99% of them), tend to go for that much. Really nice one are approaching the cost of what Layson's gets for their repro's :wack:

In a pinch you can use the flexible chrome door trim from O'Reily's advanced auto zone etc. lasts several years

That's a great tip. The front area really needs something to fill out, that would do temporarily.

I just got an entire grille from a 65 Dart, I'd be willing to sell just the candy canes, or the entire grille if desired!! I'll go out after coffee and pic the parts and show them here!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 188
The hood edge moulding is also hit!!...

All in all, the grille is in nice shape, there isn't a single flaw in the center, there is one tiny dent in the drivers side headlight bezel, I have most all of the clips and fasteners, and it's complete! Yes, there are dents in the candy canes and hood edge moulding, but you did say any condition!! I would sell the entire grille for $200 plus shipping from zip code 48169 in Michigan! PMe if you're interested!! Geof

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 187
Most of the dings and dents can be gently and patiently worked out? I cut down the end of a Craftsman aluminum rafter square to the right profile, (to match undamaged area of candy cane inside profile) plus miscellaneous hardware for additional anvils, hinge pins etc., due to asymmetric profile. Easy Off (yellow top) works to remove anodizing. You have to work slowly, and can't try to rework entire piece in one step. May not look perfect, but nice with Sanding and buffing. Unfortunately they were easily damaged. Mounting hardware is a plus.

Here it is pal. Like I said not perfect , but nice, and very fixable. $110 to your door. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20160117_155822.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20160117_155657.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20160117_155643.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20160117_155633.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.
-