65 dart gt build

-
Okay guys more progress has been made. Car is a roller now! installed my 9" an shes on all fours. (sort of) i still need two tires so i mocked up one side to see how things fit. everything clears. my drums an tires are very close to rear leafsprings but i have some clearance so i should be ok. (narrowed this thing as narrow as i could without re locating the springs.) i had to shave my shock plates down a lil an backing plates so they would bolt up flat against the axle housing flanges.

I went with Firm Feel road race springs an there HD shackle setup along with their two position front spring hanger mounts. (allows me to adjust ride height in rear about a 1") Running all poly bushings. also got a pair of KYB Gas Adjusts for some shocks.

Here are some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_1804 copy.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1787 copy.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1796 copy.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1798 copy.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 153
I ran out of money for my engine, and have began going crazy not having anything to do without parts. so ive decided to start converting my interior over to black and silver. should be a relatively "cheap" conversion. luckily everything is there and in good condition. originally planned to replace everything i could with new, but my wallet aint likin that idea too much. so i went to the paint store...

Started with the dash, left it in the car cause im not pulling the windshield. gutted it an taped everything off an went through the steps blah blah. I cleaned up all the gauges's faces an repainted the dials. taking off the plastic gauge covers was a pain! still waiting on a few led instrument cluster bulbs before i install my cluster but ill show you guys some of the progress ive made.

Headliner is cherry except for one seam that has began to separate, so i broke out the needle an thread an repaired it. (mind this is my first time sowing, and im painting the headlinder black so it will not be very noticeable).

I also repaired the dash pad with a vinyl repair glue called VLP. the job came out pretty good an with the dash pad painted black now. the two cracks are not nearly as visible.

As for the rest of the interior i will be having the seats recovered an a lil foam work done to the fronts, rear is cherry but fronts could use it. and replacing the carpet. the door panels i will paint as they're in very good condition (no tears.) i will prolly buy new armrests though.

Oh an for fun i installed my willwood adjustable prop valve under my washer res. Planning on using Cunifer brake line so im hoping routing everything is a breeze.

Attachments

• IMG_1888 copy.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1868 copy.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1866 copy.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1890 copy.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1891 copy.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1897 copy.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1887 copy.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1853 copy.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 148
more pics!

Attachments

• IMG_1875 copy.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1878 copy.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1879 copy.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1884 copy.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 140
That car seems to come along pretty good. That silver paint with black lettering looks good!

thanks, i got the dash mostly reassembled. pulled the column out to repaint it again an im gunna rebuild the steering box next. cleaned the nasty ash tray in the dash out pretty good an repainting that today.

Im looking for a cigarette lighter. a nice used one or a re pop that will work with the factory bezel an knob. i have one but its all rusted inside an a tab is broken off it.

Im also still looking for a drivers side vent door with nice hinges.

Attachments

• IMG_1913 copy.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 124
thanks, i got the dash mostly reassembled. pulled the column out to repaint it again an im gunna rebuild the steering box next. cleaned the nasty ash tray in the dash out pretty good an repainting that today.

Im looking for a cigarette lighter. a nice used one or a re pop that will work with the factory bezel an knob. i have one but its all rusted inside an a tab is broken off it.

Im also still looking for a drivers side vent door with nice hinges.

I have a complete lighter. PM me your address!

Hi, haven't heard from you for quite a while. Still have the Dart? How are things going? Jason

-
Back