65 Dart GT disc brakes

-
any mopar a body disc brake will work on any mopar a body, you just need to match the components & go.

search disc brakes-- a plethora of info on this site ,Lawrence

Can anybody tell me if the 73 Kelsey-Hays disc brakes will on a 65 Dart GT? Thanks

Absolutely as long as you use the 73-76 large ball joint UCA. If you're using a 65-72 front sway bar, the spindles and calipers will have to be swapped to the rear. I have the same disc brake and sway bar set-up going in my 65 Dart wagon (along with a disc brake-equipped 8.75 in the rear).

And welcome to the site!

Absolutely as long as you use the 73-76 large ball joint UCA. If you're using a 65-72 front sway bar, the spindles and calipers will have to be swapped to the rear. I have the same disc brake and sway bar set-up going in my 65 Dart wagon (along with a disc brake-equipped 8.75 in the rear). And welcome to the site!
hey don... How is this accomplished? Do you just put the spindles on opposite sides of the car?

hey don... How is this accomplished? Do you just put the spindles on opposite sides of the car?

Yep - swap the spindles and calipers side to side. Make sure the caliper bleeder is on top. IIRC Aspen/Volare brake hoses need to be used. I haven't got quite that far yet.

I won't contribute, since there are many, many posts which cover this swap in tremendous detail. Search.

Absolutely as long as you use the 73-76 large ball joint UCA. If you're using a 65-72 front sway bar, the spindles and calipers will have to be swapped to the rear. I have the same disc brake and sway bar set-up going in my 65 Dart wagon (along with a disc brake-equipped 8.75 in the rear).

And welcome to the site!
Thanks Dartman

FWIW the Kelsey-Hayes brakes were used from 65-72. Identifying features were fixed 4-piston calipers and small bolt pattern rotors. From 73 on a single piston Delco style caliper and unicast hub/rotor were used.

As others have noted, there are plenty of write-ups out there, as a quick search will show. But this one is sort of the grandaddy of them all http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

Call the Ram Man, he has every possible scenario know to man. I will be doing the swap next winter. The 76 Dart set up is the best out there. More surface braking area......

-
Back