65 Dart GT....Not mine.....Priced right ?

-
That is a nice car, and it would cost a bunch to bring a car up to that level. 12k just doesn't sound like much any more. My paint job was over 5k alone. Nicely done. 2k for Interior, 2k for all the chrome. Then the engine and drivetrain costs, 100 per hour machine shops. UGHHHH! I'm getting a headache. what was the question?:happy1:

That is a nice car, and it would cost a bunch to bring a car up to that level. 12k just doesn't sound like much any more. My paint job was over 5k alone. Nicely done. 2k for Interior, 2k for all the chrome. Then the engine and drivetrain costs, 100 per hour machine shops. UGHHHH! I'm getting a headache. what was the question?:happy1:

I tend to agree with the above assessment of what is 12 grand anymore.

It's certainly a clean little ride and ya know they don't make em like that anymore.

Unless I missed it the standard missing pic of the engine listing, but it sounds like the original mill so ya know what that looks like.

You could do worse and you could probably do better but what the hell it's only money.

Too much, sorry. But 12k could get you a very mediocre Camry.

Not seeing the HiPo Exhaust notch. 2-bbl V8? /6?
You would need to contact the owner for more detailed pictures/ details.
Inspect for rust - rear wheel arches ... Etc
Bringing a 1-3k car up to this std would cost... (Time and money )?
12k may be high, but maybe negotiable, cash, trade etc.
Transport cost for rust free car offsets rust repair costs, etc...

ToolManMike will come in and rip it apart for us.

Here is a Corvette for a few grand more for comparison.

http://www.vettehound.com/geo/classifieds.php?a=2&b=5128

1954 Corvette - $15,000

click for larger image
Tell a friend
Send message to seller
Add to favorites
Show sellers other ads
Description
Smoke Damage - Was stored inside a warehouse that caught fire. The car itself was not on fire, but has sustained readily repairable smoke and heat damage. To be sold in as is condition. See more photos and further description at - - - www.ReadyToFix.com
Corvette for Sale Information
Price: 15000
State/Zip Code: United States California 90189
Corvette for Sale Ad Information
Classified ID: 5128
Seller: autosource
Ad started: Jul 23
Ad Views: 26621

Attachments

• image.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 113
Nice clean survivor car, far cleaner than most. The price seems steep, but it could quite possibly cost that much to make an average car that nice. You gotta ask yourself it it's worth it to you. Hard to put a price on something like this, it's worth what somebody is willing to pay. Ask yourself this: Would you be upset if you had to sell it in a hurry and could only get $5000 less?

There's nothing rare about a 65 Dart, never has been, never will be. They made many thousands. I might personally have some reservations modifying such a clean complete original car. But then again, I'd never look at a 50 year old economy car as a long term "investment".

what it costs to restore a can, any car, really has NO bearing on the fair market value after resto....... just a fact..... AND think about this: its just about the same $$$$ costs just for body/paint work, interior, exhaust, tires, engine tranny rebuild.... as lets say a 69 M code 440 cuda as a 69 slant six cuda.... in general figures. yes you would pay way more for the original m code cuda project ...... and it will cost a little more to build the 440 over the six.... but...... it still costs relatively similar $$$ to restore each car..... which one of those cars might sell and recapture the resto investment?????????
right now, the early A bodies are pretty cheap. maybe a good time for the sharp eyed astute buyer to buy????? but then again, I don't know... I say buy a car ya can afford, and buy it because ya love that particular body/ engibe etc.....

-
Back