-
Status
Not open for further replies.

demondaddy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
i need heater /ac controls for my 65 dart. that, radio and ash tray are all that is missing. i have located the other items, but really need controls. someone apparently robbed them b4 i got the car. i found a whole car with what i need and much more but is in ok., the owner wont part it out. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

I believe the actual pushbutton controls are available at NAPA; the bezel though is another rare animal. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 in photos of 65 Darts for sale on ebag. I'd say the best place to look for factory AC cars would be in the hot areas of the country - south, Texas, Arizona, etc. Possibly some of the larger yeards in TX/AZ might have one of those bezels if that's what your needing. I'm converting my non-AC 65 Dart convertible to factory AC (wife says it's gotta have AC) and it took nearly 4 years to locate a AC/Heater control bezel.

thanks, i will keep looking. i am in sw colorado, close to the places you mentioned. from the pics ive seen they were sliders rather than pb,s. i found a complete car in ok, with all the things i needed and much more, but between the price of the car and $3.50 gas at the time i couldnt getr done. thanks again. also, if someone could post or send me a pic of a 65 dart gt dash section with the factory ac that would be great.

. . . if someone could post or send me a pic of a 65 dart gt dash section with the factory ac that would be great.

Here's a picture I just took of my 65 GT factory AC bezel so you know what to look for. I've still got to send it out to get rechromed and detailed to match the rest of my dash.

bezel.jpg

thank you that is extremely helpful. its even more hard to find when you dont know what your looking at.

IF That push button assembly is the same for 67 up I have a couple here.
IF I had pictures of both sides of both bezels I could see IF it would be possible to use the a/c windows from a later bezel. I've got that too.
I've gotten pretty good with the plastic welder but IF we go this route the bezel would be chemical stripped and need replated and detail painted when I return it.
If is such a big little word. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back