65 Dart Owners Reply

-

andy l

Reaction score
I just got a 65 dart GT Convertible and wanted to know how may on here have the same thing or 2 doors

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your most excellent acquisition! I've also got a 65 GT convert I bought in '84. Mine's undergoing a total resto, changing the slant for a 340/904, LBP discs, 8.75, adding "factory AC". Other Dart is not a 2 door but a wagon. Enjoy your Dart!

EDIT: Since my initial post, my poor Dart convertible has gone to the graveyard in the sky or maybe been turned into a Toyota! My other 65 Dart (wagon) is alive and well undergoing its transformation.

Last edited:
I've also got a 65 GT vert, factory V8 auto, doing a full resto on it currently..it'll be a 318 auto, 8 3/4 sure grip, with Chrysler add-on air...I've also got a 66 GT vert that runs but needs restoration, that I haven't decided what to do with yet..
Welcome to the site....

Dave

I've only had mine for 3 months and love it. It won't get a total restore but I'll be happy with a for sure 20 footer ( eh maybe 10'-15' ). Just sold the Harley this week-end so the 273 Charger and 904 are getting pulled soon for rebuilds. Best of luck.

Here is a picture of my 65 Conv

green 65 dart conv.jpg

I will post some pics I just need a little time and to find the camera

Current A-body project is a 65 GT hardtop. AA1 Gold poly w/ pearl white interior. Originally a slant 6/904 car, but there's a 318 on my stand...

Nice ride you picked up.

I've never been a fan of convertibles, but sure do love the lines of a '65 Dart.

Mine is a Dart 270 with a 273 Commando/904, soon to be set aside and replaced with the 408 Stroker =P~ that I'm building in this winter. Still looking for an 8.75" for her.

Hi 65DartCharger,

I don't know for sure if it is an original "Commando" car. It is originally a 273-4bbl car, but it now has a '67 engine. Don't really care, cause a previous owner has changed it too much to be an original, anyway.

I do know that it'll be real fun with the 408, tho!:-D

Here's mine 65 convertible in orginal yellow w/black top.

Hey Ulf - my 65 slant 6 GT convertible is same color scheme as yours - pale yellow and black top, black interior. Yours looks outstanding! No pictures since it's in bare metal waiting for me to get cranking and get the quarters repaired.

Congrats on your new purchase.I have a '65 hard top that I have had for about 17 years now.Sorry,no pics right now,just the one in my avatar.

My 65 Dart Gt Charger 273 HIPO 4Speed I purchased this car in 1976, parked in 78, Did rebuild of all major componets, back on the road feb 09, now 2300 miles all good and going strong.

DSCF0577.jpg

My 65 Dart Gt Charger 273 HIPO 4Speed I purchased this car in 1976, parked in 78, Did rebuild of all major componets, back on the road feb 09, now 2300 miles all good and going strong.

Ooo i have a set of these rims that i have to refinish.. looks GREAT on a red dart.. i'm still torn though on what i want!!

Here is the next Dart I have, a 65 270 4 door sedan. 273, automatic o the column, one owner 80000miles, orginal belts etc. I try to get as much info as possible about the Darts and the way there were manufactured.

Tradera 065.jpg

Here is the next Dart I have, a 65 270 4 door sedan. 273, automatic o the column, one owner 80000miles, orginal belts etc. I try to get as much info as possible about the Darts and the way there were manufactured.

your tail lights look great - you're very lucky!! :-D

tsdart! That's a good loooking Dart you have. What engine in it? Is it white and gold interior? I have never seen a Dart convertible with white and gold interior.

Keep up the good work with it and enjoy it!

-
Back