'65 Dart Rear Seat Removal

-

Hueyjockey

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install rear seat belts into my '65 Dart GT and was wondering the easiest way to remove the rear seat. The back-rest slides up a bit, but can't get the bottom to come out. Anyone have a recommendation?
Thanks

You push in hard on the front of the seat. Push back towards the trunk and lift up on the front. There are hooks welded into the floor that hooks to the seat frame. Rear Seat removal

Thanks, I'll give it a try this week end.
Hi Folks, First time responding to a post with what I hope will be useful info. I'm tearing down a 76 Dart Sport to have stripped and ran into the same issue with removing the rear seat.

This is what I did to remove the rear seat. I placed a long screw driver in between the seat floor mount and the seat wire attached to the bottom of the seat. The seat wire when it is moved/bent upwards will increase in length along its arc allowing it to clear the seat holding mount on the floor. With one hand on the seat, holding the seat down, use the screw driver or implement of your choice to bend the seat wire up. The seat wire will clear the mount tabs and release. Of course your mileage may vary. Hope this helps....Steve

IMG_4957 - Copy.JPG

IMG_4960.JPG

Hi Folks, First time responding to a post with what I hope will be useful info. I'm tearing down a 76 Dart Sport to have stripped and ran into the same issue with removing the rear seat.

This is what I did to remove the rear seat. I placed a long screw driver in between the seat floor mount and the seat wire attached to the bottom of the seat. The seat wire when it is moved/bent upwards will increase in length along its arc allowing it to clear the seat holding mount on the floor. With one hand on the seat, holding the seat down, use the screw driver or implement of your choice to bend the seat wire up. The seat wire will clear the mount tabs and release. Of course your mileage may vary. Hope this helps....Steve

View attachment 1715182734

View attachment 1715182735

Great Pics ..That should help those that have never don it before.

-
Back