65 Dart rear suspension ideas?

-

Patch

Patch
Reaction score
I know i could/should have put this in the suspension area, but the early crowd (like myself) tend to be better thinkers...:) Anyway, I'm wanting to modify/replace my leaf spring rear suspension and go a lil more modern. I know...the purists say you can do a lot with leaf springs....but I'm looking at maybe some type of 4 link. I want good street/road handling and I can do the work myself...with time. Are there more types out there than just the basic 4 link....ideas? Thoughts? Thanks......Pat

Reilly Motorsports has a cool 4 link.

And if a four link isn't heavy and complex enough, there's always the Jaguar IRS.

Rms lynx triangulated rear suspension is definitely the way to go, little pricey, well worth it
Dodge29

If you are creative and want to be inexpensive, I always wondered how the rear end on my Mercedes 300D might adapt to an A-body. That would give IRS, disk brakes, and the torque handling of a diesel. The biggest problem is probably that it needs a support on the body behind the middle of the rear seats, so an A-body would need a lot of beefing up there. I think that is the problem with most IRS's. I think some have an integrated support cage which makes them easier to adapt. Are Jaguars like that, and is that why rodders have long used them.

-
Back