65 dart seats

-

crashcaptn

1965 Dodge Dart GT
Reaction score
Who should i go through to order new seat covers and foam? I can tell Layson's is out of the question as they are a bunch of assholes... any suggestions? I'm thinking legendary..

I used Ledgendary thru Year One as they had a better price than directly from Ledgendary.Fit as good as the originals.

a company called sms in the state of washington,,,has a web site,,they make stock,,or custom interior stuff,,they supply laysons and legendary,,,

no problem,,, i learned about them thru a customer that got screwed by laysons,, this guy need stuff for a 63/64 valiant,,,layson screwed him over so bad that laysons own people told him to go directly to SMS,,,,

let us know what you find out i will be needing them soon my self,,,

emailed today:

"Jeff--Pre-made seat covers for your front and rear seats will be
$465.00. These will be in the original design and in the correct
black color and texture. If you need further information before
ordering, just let me know.

Yours truly,

Doug Pollock"

Legendary does it for $310..

I got a price quote from Legondary then gave YearOne a chance to beat it and they did. Back and forth like this a couple days got me a great price with free shipping. Purchase was from Legondary and I'm very happy with the quality.
I kinda suspect both get their seat covers , door panels, etc... from
A! Canvas.

I'll check the A1Canvas guy right now.. and great idea RedFish.. people do it to me all day long at work - i should return the favor!

Fstfish66 and Redfish, neither SMS or A1 Canvas supply us with our interiors. We manufacture our own interiors in-house and actually supply most other companies with their Mopar interiors and have doing so for more than 23 years. We are the preferred manufacturer of Show Judges and Restoration shops. Our interiors are guaranteed to fit and carry a lifetime warranty. Thanks. Eric @ Legendary Auto Interiors, Ltd.

Fstfish66 and Redfish, neither SMS or A1 Canvas supply us with our interiors. We manufacture our own interiors in-house and actually supply most other companies with their Mopar interiors and have doing so for more than 23 years. We are the preferred manufacturer of Show Judges and Restoration shops. Our interiors are guaranteed to fit and carry a lifetime warranty. Thanks. Eric @ Legendary Auto Interiors, Ltd.

I stand corrected. A fine product it is too I might add. OK so the back seat bottom cover was tight as a banjo string going on, better tight than loose.
The grandkids scoot across it as if it were new. Cheers

ok,,sorry for pasing along incorrect information,, it is what i was told by a laysons customer,,,that SMS did every ones stuff,,, i will have to check out legendary,when im ready for new front covers for 65 buckets,,and foam ??

thanks for correcting me,,,

i've heard nothing but good things about legendary. Eric: can you beat the $465 quote from SMS for front and back seats? And yes, foam?

I got my front and rear seat covers from this same guy, really good prices and fast on shipping. I also got my door panels and convertible top boot and well liner from him. If its not on his ebay store, look in the legendary catalog and he can get it. I still need front and rear bucket foam, but when i last checked they didnt carry rear bucket foam for early a-bodies. Does anyone know who does?

I still need front and rear bucket foam, but when i last checked they didnt carry rear bucket foam for early a-bodies. Does anyone know who does?

We have '65 Dart front bucket seat foam in stock, however no one is making seat foam for the rear seats. Your best bet is to buy foam sheets/blocks from a fabric store or upholstery shop and fill in the bad spots in the foam you have or construct a whole new piece using what you have left as a pattern(which is not that hard...I've done it several times myself).

that is a really good idea rick - i haven't thought of that yet for my own car. Someone did a hack job on the back seat up where the California sun rotted away the top of the back seat. They sewed a red piece of vinyl using dental floss to the top of it! So i may have more work to do back there than i thought.

Anyway, sounds like a very viable option.

I got my front and rear seat covers from this same guy, really good prices and fast on shipping. I also got my door panels and convertible top boot and well liner from him. If its not on his ebay store, look in the legendary catalog and he can get it. I still need front and rear bucket foam, but when i last checked they didnt carry rear bucket foam for early a-bodies. Does anyone know who does?
Rear bucket foam ? For rear bucket seats ?

-
Back