'65 Dart window glass installation...HELP!

-

65ChargerDart

65ChargerDart
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've tried installing the window glass first, but then can't get the vent assembly to go far enough to the rear (because it hits the side glass) for it to the front opening.
Then I've tried installing the vent window assembly, but I cant get the regulator arm into the bracket on the window.
The FSM describes doing it either way, like there's nothing to it. Well, it's not working either way for me, and I've attempted both ways several times. Tried with the regulator loosely bolted up and with the regulator unbolted.

Any advice for a man defeated by a window glass?

I've tried installing the window glass first, but then can't get the vent assembly to go far enough to the rear (because it hits the side glass) for it to the front opening.
Then I've tried installing the vent window assembly, but I cant get the regulator arm into the bracket on the window.
The FSM describes doing it either way, like there's nothing to it. Well, it's not working either way for me, and I've attempted both ways several times. Tried with the regulator loosely bolted up and with the regulator unbolted.

Any advice for a man defeated by a window glass?
You have to put door glass in before vent assembly. Remove the rear channel for the side glass and this allows more movement in the glass.
It will be easier to put glass and regulator together when everything is loose.

-
Back