65 Dodge 383

-

Twisted72

Reaction score
I gotta chance to pick-up a 383,guy is telling me it's a 65.I haven't seen it yet was hoping to get some info first.He's asking $500,no carb or exhaust manifolds.would this be a good start for a big block for my 72 Twister?Any usefull info would be appreciated.Thank's Twisted72 PS Love this site

I gotta chance to pick-up a 383,guy is telling me it's a 65.I haven't seen it yet was hoping to get some info first.He's asking $500,no carb or exhaust manifolds.would this be a good start for a big block for my 72 Twister?Any usefull info would be appreciated.Thank's Twisted72 PS Love this site

I think that's a good price twisted as long as she ain't seezed up. That year should have the closed chambered 516 heads if everything original and a forged crank and rods. A good start I'd say.

Terry

All 383's are steel cranks.It will have the 516 closed chamber heads.These heads have the smaller exhaust valves in them.If you ever do anything to the heads atleast up grade the exhaust valves to the 1.88's.$500.00 is a OK price not a steal by any means.If it is not locked up I would offer him $400.00
Jim

ok are 69s worth as much

Sure daredevil but by that time 906 heads were out there which is still one of the best stock heads but open chambered. You really only have to be careful of 69-71 2 barrel 383's as I understand that they had cast cranks but I've never run across one.

Terry

Hi Jim,thank's for the info,i figured if it's seized I'd offer $300 and see what he say's.I like your polish a turd saying,one of mine is you can't buff a turd,anyway thank's

Went yesterday and got the 383,it was stored over 30 yrs,inside look's like new.Std everything,sure wasn't expecting anything this nice for the year,engine was lubed and rotated all these years so no pitting at all.:cheers:

Went yesterday and got the 383,it was stored over 30 yrs,inside look's like new.Std everything,sure wasn't expecting anything this nice for the year,engine was lubed and rotated all these years so no pitting at all.:cheers:

It don't get better then that, Congratulations Twisted72 :cheers:

Hi Demon Seed,they were the 516's like expected,look to be in great condition.Not sure what I'll do with yet,gotta do some homework for a good combination for my Duster.I'm on a budget according to Mrs Twisted.

-
Back