65 Dodge dart

-

gadodge

Reaction score
Howdy,
Just registered on FABO and looking for some info on converting manual steering to power on an old 65 4 door dodge dart, I have a 66 dart donor car and I think everything should swap. Also, thinking about adding the air conditioner from the 66.
But I'll listen to any good tips before I start.
I'm in N. West Georgia if anybody want to join in the fun.

Welcome to the board...

I am sure someone can answer your questions..

Grassy

gadodge! Welcome to FABO! Best website for A-bodies in the world!

Your transplantation should be ok. Everything fits right off. However the A/C stuff works but you need to get a new mecanism and plate for the dashboard thn you should be ok.

Shot some pictures of your ride. We love pictures!

Hey Thanks for the welcome guys,
I did try to post some pictures of my 59 Dodge truck. I'm just starting on the little 65 Dart and don't have pictures yet.
I did go get a 66 Dart today to use for parts and I may have some extras left over if somebody can use them, I'll let you know later..

Welcome to FABO! Yes, your transplant is a direct swap, and you can always sell your extra parts here!! Things like a drivers side vent box with a good operating door are always in demand, along with a host of other parts!! Geof

I'm swapping from power to manual in my 65 dart... Let me know if you need anything. Or if you want to unload anything

Thanks, we both may have something we need to trade out to keep'em on the road...

Thanks, we both may have something we need to trade out to keep'em on the road...
Exactly and in always up for a trade. I have a lot of random 65 dart parts too if you find yourself needing something. What kind of ps pump are you using? My suggestion would be a modified Saginaw pump. With as small as our 65's are it will make at a much tighter feeling ps setup. Of course it's all preference.

welcome to the site. i was eaises im s w ga but been in mo since 79, ( no i wasn't born in 1903! got a 65 dart GT /6 i'm raising from the dead! my ateering wheel is mising cebter cap, not sure if 66 will work???

Give me a little while (week or so) on this I may know where one is. If it's still there I'll post picture.

-
Back