65 Formula S rear brake drums

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Rock Auto shows part number Centric 12363044 for 10 inch rear drums. Is this the correct part number. Thought Santa should bring me a couple if they are correct.

It looks like it from what I am seeing. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't give any information on them. I would like to get a set of spare drums for my '67, but don't know if these would fit mine. It says it should though. If I look it up for mine, and choose /6, it lists it for rear drum with front disc brakes. If I look it up for 383, it says with front disc or front drums.

I just wish it told what size the friction area was like some of the others do, so I would know if it fit my shoes.

Looks like the 3004 number is for 9" drums and 3044 number is for 10" drums

There were basically two varieties of 10" small bolt pattern rear drums from their introduction in '65 to the end of their run in '72?3? regardless of front disk or drum brakes. '67 and later type have an extended lip/bell on the inside edge of the drum where the '66 and prior ones don't. Both types use the same 10 X 1.3/4 shoe. As far as interchangeability you can use either type on any car except that on the earlier cars the increased bell of the drum may rub on the E-brake cables. Unsure which type rock auto sells.

-
Back