65 GT Convertible 4 spd

-

sgd128

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 65 GT vert for sale local, probably a very good parts car..only saw it for a minute..didn't want to seem over interested..i do know its V8 4 speed black with red..ok i bought it already and will pick it up this weekend..along with the 64 fury convertible that was next to it....i'll shoot some pics of the dart ...what should i be looking for as far as bad spots..

That sounds like a killer buy. I would like to find a convertable 64 Valiant one of these days.

Lee

Convertibles are notorious for having rotted floor pans since tops often leak and of course the bottom rear 1/4`s and trunk extensions. Congratulations on your new find though!

Check the front torsion bar mounting areas VERY carefully, and as John mentioned, the usual rear bottom quarters and trunk extensions. It sounds like you hit the jackpot.

Unless it's a real roach it's worth restoring. There would not have been very many built.

I've Had A Good Run Of Bad Cars Lately......

I drive 500mi.a week, mostly back roads here in upstate NY ..nothing but woods and farms...so at a body shop that i pass every monday, i've been meaning to stop about a 73 duster, (looking for a rear)so I stop..No i'm making a race car out of it!!! the guy says..ok ok ok sorry i say.. We B.S. for 5mins... BUT i do have this OLD dart over there check that one... BINGO 65 dart GT convertible 4spd..trying not to run, i get to it and say not bad ..then he says. or that one there pointing to a 64 sport fury convertible ...walk walk walk.. 383 factory chrome valve push button WITH AIR.. all the chrome is off and near perfect in boxes..the cars are rough but everything is there....how much for just the dart I don't really like the fury (One of if not my favorite cars EVER)..750 CASH ..i kick the dirt think think hmmmmmm...I'll tell you what i'll give you 1000 cash and take them both..he turns away and laughs alittle and says SURE WILL..I pick them up SATURDAY...Maybe the streak is OVER...

You may go down as the negotiator of the year with that deal. Pics are MANDATORY when you get them into your care. Congrats and good luck.

:headbang: :salute:

sgd128 said:
I drive 500mi.a week, mostly back roads here in upstate NY ..nothing but woods and farms...so at a body shop that i pass every monday, i've been meaning to stop about a 73 duster, (looking for a rear)so I stop..No i'm making a race car out of it!!! the guy says..ok ok ok sorry i say.. We B.S. for 5mins... BUT i do have this OLD dart over there check that one... BINGO 65 dart GT convertible 4spd..trying not to run, i get to it and say not bad ..then he says. or that one there pointing to a 64 sport fury convertible ...walk walk walk.. 383 factory chrome valve push button WITH AIR.. all the chrome is off and near perfect in boxes..the cars are rough but everything is there....how much for just the dart I don't really like the fury (One of if not my favorite cars EVER)..750 CASH ..i kick the dirt think think hmmmmmm...I'll tell you what i'll give you 1000 cash and take them both..he turns away and laughs alittle and says SURE WILL..I pick them up SATURDAY...Maybe the streak is OVER...

Kingston...cars are in Hunter Mt....i took off work today ..going to try and get at least one today!! RAINING !!!!!!!

went to take a GOOD look today..darts not THAT bad ..furys parts only to me..maybe someone else could see fixing it ...I can't...i'll get the pics up as soon as i get the cars home...thinking about parting them both out...so make your list and i'll see about getting it for you, or you

No convertible that isn't completely returning to the earth should be parted out these days, especially a four speed Dart or a 64 Fury. If the frame rails and torsion bar crossmember are intact you could easily quadruple your money selling them whole.

told the guy today they are a little more then i can handle...so i got them both for...........SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS.. how did I do ??

Got the dart home...still raining so NO pics yet.....its ....alittle rough..floors are shot!! BUT IT HAS sbp 4 piston disc brakes factory?? and a power top..well, it has the frame for a top!! all good glass...AND SOLID FRAME...it was not a factory 4speed car(crap!) but its all there..try to get pics ASAP...i'm looking to off the whole car...should i list it here first? or (i hate it) feE-bay?..

Figure out what you want for it and ask that here. The problem here is that everybody knows what you paid for it, BUT you are entitled to make some profit as you put your own money out and did all the work to drag it home. The good news is that you got it at enough of a bargain that there should be no problem coming out ahead and still have the Fury. I know where I'd put the price based on your desciption, but I'll hold out for pics.

thanks jim .. knowing what i paid does not bother me.The car NEW was only, what...$2650 ?? I would sell it to someone here for 850...if nobodys into it..then i'll go 1000 no reserve on e-bay..what do you think about that?

In '65 those brakes would have been an option, a fairly rare one I think too.

Can't wait for pics!

Well, you're willing to take less than I would, but then again I haven't seen pics of the car.........

Endded early, what was her fate?

Also, What headers are those on that car? Old D-darts?

-
Back