65 Plymouth Valiant Parking Brake cable question

-

85glht

Reaction score
So, I know I need a front cable as the one I have is broke. The car has 2 new rear cables and it came with a new intermediate cable in the box.... What I do not have is the intermediate cable adjusting rod or connection clips. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can procure these items... I've seen the connection clips BUT I have yet to find the elusive adjusting rod... Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!

Don’t know if I’ve seen the parts sold separately, I just bought this kit from in-line tube. I’m about to pull all the old E brake stuff from my 65 dart

D6920A78-347C-4056-96C8-41ED374EDA4B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously this is not how the cable installs but you can see the the threads that install toward the rear. Do you have a picture of the clips you need?
Emergency brake cable A.jpg

Emergency brake cable C.jpg

I bought the complete kit, and it is now installed and working!! I had to move the front cable around to get it to go above the frame ties that I installed. also had to add a section of threaded rod to make the front cable longer due to me moving its location. I'm glad it is done and functioning. Now, on to the transmission fluid leaks :rolleyes:

I bought the complete kit, and it is now installed and working!! I had to move the front cable around to get it to go above the frame ties that I installed. also had to add a section of threaded rod to make the front cable longer due to me moving its location. I'm glad it is done and functioning. Now, on to the transmission fluid leaks :rolleyes:
I’d love to see some pictures if you don’t mind. I’m about to install my kit, and I also have frame connectors to install. I was curious as to how that was gonna work with the fuel line and the emergency brake running directly in the way in certain areas.

I’d love to see some pictures if you don’t mind. I’m about to install my kit, and I also have frame connectors to install. I was curious as to how that was gonna work with the fuel line and the emergency brake running directly in the way in certain areas.
Sure. I'll do it later... I have no pics on the work computer :rolleyes:

You can see in the pic, the new hole that I drilled for a higher placement of the front parking cable. Then you can also see the coupler I had used to make the threaded rod a little longer.
I hope this helps.

IMG_1384.jpeg

IMG_1383.jpeg

IMG_1382.jpeg

Good job .
Do you know how many guys ordered a new front cable cuz a coupla inches of thread were missing, insteada a few inches of "ready-rod" and the "long" nut.
Congrats, - you're a true hottrodder !

Good job .
Do you know how many guys ordered a new front cable cuz a coupla inches of thread were missing, insteada a few inches of "ready-rod" and the "long" nut.
Congrats, - you're a true hottrodder !
I appreciate your comment!! :thumbsup:

-
Back