65 Signet ragtop

-

Gib Warnick

'65 Valiant signet
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know specific production numbers aren't available for early A bodies- but I am wondering if any still exist like mine. it is a 65 Valiant Signet convertible, 273, 4 speed with factory a/c. I know most valiants were 6 cyl, few V/8s with 4 speeds, and few with a/c. Any one know of another one still out there?

Attachments

• 101_0455.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 261
Thanks- It is an amazingly sweet ride- 150,000 miles- quiet, smooth, unreal for such an old car- gonna need a clutch someday soon. It will become a Commando clone when i pull the motor out of the hardtop to drop in a 340 disquised as a Commando 273

nice car just purchased a 66 signet convert myself wish mine was a v8 stick car

Heres a 66 4 speed V8...I helped another member bring it home out of storage when he sold me the 66 vert I have now. I believe it's a Commando 4 bbl too!! Hope he doesn't mind!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_3212.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 100_3213.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 243
Nice car- It was in the 80s here in MD the last couple of days- top down time.
I heard from another FABO member with a 66 Commando 4 speed ragtop also

Have to catch up at Mt Airy sometime with the tops down. Gonna be hot today, what happenned to spring?

I know of another '65 Valiant Signet convertible with a factory 273 Commando 4-speed.

I was told(don't know for absolutely sure tho....) that this car was a factory exec special order car because of the Commando 273 not being readily available in anything except the Formula S Cudas....

The car is an un-touched, un-restored, factory original vehicle. It does have the original factory woodgrain steering wheel and all of the Commando badging/emblems. It's a dark blue with white top, and a light blue interior.

while not a 4 speed, I have a 65 Valiant Signet convert w/273 Commando and factory a/c white w/light blue interior, california car, fully restored it some years ago.

I tried to buy one a few years back somewhere in South Carolina. 65 signet ragtop 273 commando 4 speed.

I just got my my 65 vert last October, still a work in progress, 225 slant auto. My father in law had it in his garage for over 30 years

I'll be there- hope to take my hardtop- 340 disguised as 273 Commando- motor and 8 3/4 rear going together now-hope to have on the road- It's a 273 2 barrel with 45 K- with auto and a/c from AZ.
picture

Attachments

• valiant signet drivers side.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 152
I know specific production numbers aren't available for early A bodies- but I am wondering if any still exist like mine. it is a 65 Valiant Signet convertible, 273, 4 speed with factory a/c. I know most valiants were 6 cyl, few V/8s with 4 speeds, and few with a/c. Any one know of another one still out there?

Beautiful car! :glasses7:

-
Back