65 signet

-
Looks like CUDAVRT's younger sister. Mine was /6-auto, now 273 4-sp both pro built.

IMG_0759.JPG

Yes, those are stock exhaust manifolds. The heads were pocket ported and port matched to the intake and exhaust - cheap horsepower that requires no maintenance. Bored .030 (278 ci), hyd cam, Pertronic ignition, Holley 500 cfm on an air gap Edelbrock intake. We believe it makes about 275hp on regular gas. The insulators are only on the driver side - to cut down on the heat since the manifold on that side is up-swept. Using the large y-pipe on the exhaust and a single muffler and tailpipe (sleeper). Should be fun. Bench seat witrh 4-sp.

_D711931.JPG

Anyone know if these cars are popular?
6 cyl auto on floor buckets
I have had mine for 52.5 years. The only thing I haven't rebuilt or replaced is the alternator. They just wear out from age. Convertibles are cool. I haven't changed the look of my car, no bling. Looks stock except for the wheels. I went to the Cruise for the Cure car show this weekend. We parked way out in the south forty. My wife and I had gone for a walk to look at the other 3000+ cars in the show. When we returned there were three judges that wanted to look under the hood and talk to me about being the original owner. When they left I was told to come to the main stage at 3:00 because I had won Best Mopar. What a shock.
View attachment 1715193220

Very popular as far as I'm concerned. I has a white over turquoise '63 Signet 2dht v8/4sp that I bought in August 66 within a day or two after I returned from Viet Nam. Sold it a couple of years later to my brother. Bad decision. Looked for another for years. Bought CUDAVRT a few years ago, and am just finishing it. Put a 'Cuda grille in the first one too. I'd like to have a good wagon & Barracuda so that I could build a 'nomad'. I've seen two. The Aussies had a production pickup version; cool but the 2dht is still my favorite. You are a lucky man!

-
Back