-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moper

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
I've got a 904 core for sale. Complete with the dust shields and convertor for early crank. Don't know about internal condition so selling as a core. Cables were cut upon removal (not by me...lol). Pictures will be posted tomorrow. Asking $200 obo. Prefer to have it picked up or can deliver up to 150 miles from 06237 for gas $$.

Halifax - There are no big block 904s - this is for the LA small block, I am not sure if it would work with the 318 Poly but I think it would.
Robert - Assuming you mean the output shaft for the later type slip yolk? This has the flange for the trunion type driveshaft. As far as I am aware in terms of small blocks and slants the slip yolk design went into production for '66.

Pics added - also have the small inspection cover for it, just not pictured. Trans is out of '65 B body 273/2bbl car. I will add - the engine this was behind was in decent mechanical shape and I was told drove into the garage to be pulled by the previous owner.

65 904 2.JPG

65 904 1.JPG

I was thinking there was (1) year of 904 that had pushbutton cables & the splined output shaft for the slip yoke? (1965 I thought).

Not that I'm aware of.
Big blocks in '65 (only) used a cable shifted transmission with a slip yolk and later input splines.

I was thinking there was (1) year of 904 that had pushbutton cables & the splined output shaft for the slip yoke? (1965 I thought).
I think You're thinking of that it is the 1 year Linkage actuated one with the B&T flange.......................................? But which Year? I thought that too, but in
reverse, My Buddy w/a salvage yard told Me He had the "one year combo". But
now I've got to call Him........................

Last edited:
Alright, let me back up a bit, a 2 cable (SB) 904 with the later splined output shaft to work with my pushbuttons is what I am after. Is there such an animal?

Alright, let me back up a bit, a 2 cable (SB) 904 with the later splined output shaft to work with my pushbuttons is what I am after. Is there such an animal?
My Buddy w/the yard just said it is what You are asking,......'65 was available cable shift with the slip yoke tailshaft. '66 switched to linkage. He said He has/had one, not
sure if it's for sale, if You're interested let Me know. If this is a '65 trans as advertised, maybe the diff is B body vs. A body?
@moper Would You clean & post the serial #'s at the pan rail for Us?
Add to this and moper is also selling His own Slanty '65 trans, also cables & B&T,.
........so ?

Last edited:
Not to sound bitter but if Robert needs a slip yolk and two cables in a small block case I'd say he's SOL. I certainly don't have one nor in 30+ years and I'd wager hundreds of combos I've had my eyes on have I ever seen one. I doubt the outputs can be swapped either - but I'd let a transmission guru validate that. Rather than me have to prove mines not what is being asked about, I'd suggest your yard buddy produce one Robert can buy.

As far as my stuff - I own a '65 Barracuda that I've had plans for years in any number of combos and I bought pretty much everything for all of them. I've settled on a 413 so some of the smaller engine stuff is going. The trans for sale is part of a '65 B-body powertrain I bought from the 2nd owner of it and has never been apart until I separated them a couple months ago when I sold the 273. Now its just in the way 'cause I'm out of shelf space on my transmissions shelves. It's identical in every detail to the '65 V8 904 I am keeping. That one I pulled from a '65 Barracuda with the 273 at a recycle yard. They were also correct to that car: Two cables, bolt on driveshaft flange. My '65 slanty car had the same deal. The '65 383/727 out of a B body I have IS two cables and a slip yolk, but it's a big block. I know of no small block cars in '65 with this combo that use a slip joint but I'm not professing to know everything about every Mopar made. Maybe trucks had something different? The one I'm advertising, and the slant 6 trans I'm also selling, and the V8 I'm keeping - are all identical in terms of control manner and outputs. I owned a '66 Barracuda before too. That had a slip yolk but was a 4sp so no clue if it's cable or linkage. My background tells me '66 auto was linkage actuated because the floor shifter uses rods just like the other mopar car models of that year do.

Not to sound bitter but if Robert needs a slip yolk and two cables in a small block case I'd say he's SOL. I certainly don't have one nor in 30+ years and I'd wager hundreds of combos I've had my eyes on have I ever seen one. I doubt the outputs can be swapped either - but I'd let a transmission guru validate that. Rather than me have to prove mines not what is being asked about, I'd suggest your yard buddy produce one Robert can buy.

As far as my stuff - I own a '65 Barracuda that I've had plans for years in any number of combos and I bought pretty much everything for all of them. I've settled on a 413 so some of the smaller engine stuff is going. The trans for sale is part of a '65 B-body powertrain I bought from the 2nd owner of it and has never been apart until I separated them a couple months ago when I sold the 273. Now its just in the way 'cause I'm out of shelf space on my transmissions shelves. It's identical in every detail to the '65 V8 904 I am keeping. That one I pulled from a '65 Barracuda with the 273 at a recycle yard. They were also correct to that car: Two cables, bolt on driveshaft flange. My '65 slanty car had the same deal. The '65 383/727 out of a B body I have IS two cables and a slip yolk, but it's a big block. I know of no small block cars in '65 with this combo that use a slip joint but I'm not professing to know everything about every Mopar made. Maybe trucks had something different? The one I'm advertising, and the slant 6 trans I'm also selling, and the V8 I'm keeping - are all identical in terms of control manner and outputs. I owned a '66 Barracuda before too. That had a slip yolk but was a 4sp so no clue if it's cable or linkage. My background tells me '66 auto was linkage actuated because the floor shifter uses rods just like the other mopar car models of that year do.
No need to be bitter, and I apologize for muddying up Your thread, just trying to learn Myself as My experience has been the same. There is always something I haven't seen,
I think You may be right, He is thinking of &/or has the 727 with that combo. Robert will probably have to get the Imperial Services conversion kit.

I was thinking there was a 1 yr 904 that had both but I could be mistaken. If not I may have to just go with the B&T

The trans everybody is alluding to is a 1965 small block 727. It has the slip joint rear tailshaft and 2 cable operation. Yes, it's hard to find!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back