65 Valiant 273 engine removal question

-

Litz

Reaction score
Getting ready to pull the 273 out of my Valiant and I'm not sure where to attach my chain to the engine? Maybe I'm overly cautious but I'm not sure that the 5/16 intake bolts will support the engine? Thanks, Litz

I just pulled mine and used a plate that attached to the where the carburetor would be. Worked like a charm. I had everything unhooked and didn't pull the transmission with the motor. I used a floor jack to hold the transmission in place. Once the motor was out I used a wire to hold the transmission. Bought the part from harbor freight

Here is a picture of my friend working on the motor, but you can see how I did it

WP_20170511_11_05_42_Pro.jpg

I use an engine leveler when I do it by myself and pull the transmission with it. Couldn't do it alone without the leveler. The leveler lets you tilt the transmission down and adjust it more and more level as you get the transmission into the tunnel.

IMG_20140807_115201.jpg

this may not apply for your situation, but some people who are doing the front suspension at the same time drop it out the bottom, while attached to the k-frame. and then do the reverse to reinstall it.

-
Back