65 valiant and 13 inch wheels

-

kielbasavw

Reaction score
is there any thing wrong with 13's, seems like a lot of people bump it up to 14's or 15's on their car. i don't see why 13s would be bad, the car was designed to drive on 13's seems like thats where it would be most efficient, no?

There just out dated man thats why i dont run them its hard to find tires around here i run 14s all my 13s come off and go to the crusher .. theres nothing wrong with them if u can find tires man

Nothing wrong with the 13's at all. Like Dart Doctor said if you can find tires.The 13 inch tires are readily available but size options are limited. Bumping up to 14's depending on rim width will allow for a much wider tire that will really help improve ride and handling quality in my opinion.

Oldschoolcuda

Another thing, back in those days cars werent really built for the kinds of speeds cars see today. 55mph speed limits and the such meant you didnt really need tall tires or overdrive trannies where as today (in Southern California anyway) the freeways fly @ 70+ mph, and the cars are built accordingly. Are 13s a problem though? Not really because its all a give and take. It all depends what you want out of your car. A buddy of mine has a lowered Valiant wagon with 13s and it looks good and does ok on the fwy thanks to a good running little slant and the right gears in the rear end. Does it accelerate like a super stocker? Nope, and he doesnt need it to. Does it keep a 65-70 pace on the feeeway without breaking a sweat? Yep. So really, wheel diameter is more of an aesthetic thing so I say run em if you like em.

-
Back