65 Valiant grill on a 65 Barracuda - poll

65 Valiant grill on a 65 Barracuda, good or not ?

• naaah.... never ever

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • yeahhh... cool as ****

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
-

lilredridinghoo

Reaction score
just saw a 65 Valiant grill offered on a auction here in Germany....and asking myself ... Valiant grill in a Barracuda ? good idea, or not (the Petty Cuda also had a Valiant grill up front)

everyones opinion is welcome

If I had a very hard problem finding one in my country and need a grill... yes ! in a new York minute ..

hello memike, it´s not the case that i´m in need of a grill, it´s just a "stupid" idea caused by cabin fever :)

I like the idea and I've seen it done before. I think it's a great option to change out things on your car to make it look like another car sometimes. change out the grill and change out the wheels.

Personally I prefer the Barracuda grill over the Valiant. Seen a few Valiants with the Barracuda grill in them. I've actually seen a "Dartcuda" where the front fenders, hood and grill from a 65 Dart were put on a 65 Barracuda.

If you can get the grille cheap enough, you might as well pick it up. I am putting a bunch of cars together as I have a 66 Dodge Dart station wagon with no front end and I'm putting a 65 Valiant front end on it because I like the 65 Valiant but I plan on putting a barracuda grille in it.

Last edited:
jordan5.jpg

Run the one you like best!! I have the opposite problem, the Cuda grille was gone from the car I just bought, replaced by a really crappy Valiant unit, which is all blacked out! This is temporarily forcing me to use and equally crappy, but not blacked out Valiant grille and a Barracuda center in this car! Not my favorite look, but it's the best I got!!

IMG_3086.JPG

Run the one you like best!! I have the opposite problem, the Cuda grille was gone from the car I just bought, replaced by a really crappy Valiant unit, which is all blacked out! This is temporarily forcing me to use and equally crappy, but not blacked out Valiant grille and a Barracuda center in this car! Not my favorite look, but it's the best I got!!

View attachment 1714996626
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. That is a very clean looking ride.

I put a 64 valiant grill in my 65. I like it a lot better. The barracuda grill would be my 2nd favorite or that really cool grill from Oz.

yes - the AP6 grill looks great, espec. on those UTE-valiants from down under ... and if i cld. get one i would definitly mount it on the cuda

Ute4.jpg

On the Petty 65 car , they used the Valiant grill for weight , much lighter . On my 66 car I will use 66 Valiant pieces . Not so much for the weight but the cast pieces are whole lot heavier than the stamped aluminum ones . It's hard to find a good set of the cast ones , most
IMG_2119.JPG
have a lot of pits in them due to being pot metal . Did find a NOS set on E-bay , had them for $1200.00 dollars , to rich for my blood . I rounded up 4 sets of Valiant grills for less than $100.00 and picked out the best 2 for my car and used the others for cars around town . Notice ft. bumper has been shortened 2 inches on the ends and will be moved back 2 inches toward the grill

I like the Baccaruda grill, and I really like the Australian AP6 grill (picpicpicpic)
Dang Australians- got the cool grilles AND Mad Max.... just not fair.

I vote: Run what you want. It's your car. Most people walking down the sidewalk could not tell if it was the correct grill anyhow.
Just my opinion. Joe

-
Back