65 Valiant quarter glass removal

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’ve got a 65 Valiant post. I’ve searched around and can’t find a good write up or video “how to” on removing the quarter glass and regulator assembly. Does anyone have any tips or experience on doing so?

Did you look in the factory service manual? If its not in there then you may need to post some pictures with the interior panel removed. A lot of this kind of stuff is similar year to year and people may respond when they see pictures.

Yeah, pull the back seat, window crank, arm rest, and trim panel first. Then take some photos to post here. IIRC, you can unbolt the glass from the lower track and slide it out without removing the cat whiskers up top. The regulator should then be able to be removed by unbolting it from the body and slid out through a hole in that same inner body panel. There are some differences between the sedan, HT, and Conv however, so, post some photos for better instruction.

Ok guys I figured out how to remove the glass, now I’m trying to find parts that are missing. I’m looking for the plastic two part retainers, the metal clip for the backside and the metal channel that the glass sets into.

IMG_9296.jpeg

Ok guys I figured out how to remove the glass, now I’m trying to find parts that are missing. I’m looking for the plastic two part retainers, the metal clip for the backside and the metal channel that the glass sets into.

View attachment 1716089199
Cant help with most of the parts but I broke one of the metal clips that hold the glass in on my 63 Dart and couldn't find one anywhere. Then I lucked across these. They are an exact match.

1Up Racing Quick Clips 2 Speed Quick Release Clips 5 pcs

-
Back