65 Valiant sedan door interchange

-

Stephen Mulkey

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone,
I'm going to be looking for a passenger door for a 65 Valiant, 2 door post, maybe a drivers also but I'm not sure how many years and if the Dart doors will work. I have a number of hard top doors but nothing post.
Any help? Thanks, Steve

Happy New Year everyone,
I'm going to be looking for a passenger door for a 65 Valiant, 2 door post, maybe a drivers also but I'm not sure how many years and if the Dart doors will work. I have a number of hard top doors but nothing post.
Any help? Thanks, Steve
66 is the same shape,, but the door lock and mechanism is a bit different ie... round"ish" hole versus the skeleton key lock. 64 darts were the same as my 65 valiant along with the 65 dart post but i have not owned a 63 dart or valiant in over 30 years so I can't comment on that one(don't remember actualy)

66 is the same shape,, but the door lock and mechanism is a bit different ie... round"ish" hole versus the skeleton key lock. 64 darts were the same as my 65 valiant along with the 65 dart post but i have not owned a 63 dart or valiant in over 30 years so I can't comment on that one(don't remember actualy)
Thank you for the help. I've swapped some hardtop doors but not Sedan so I'll see what i can find.

Just thinking out loud, but i wonder if the sedan window channel could be transferred to a hardtop door?

Thank you for the help. I've swapped some hardtop doors but not Sedan so I'll see what i can find.

Just thinking out loud, but i wonder if the sedan window channel could be transferred to a hardtop door?
63 doors have a different latch, but are dimensionally the same as 64-66. 2 and 4 door sedan and 2 door ht. doors are all interchangeable between
Dart and Valiant/Barracuda. Trim is different between years and models. I believe there is a slight difference in rear doors for early A wagons. I have
also been told this applies to B body wagon rear doors as well.

63 doors have a different latch, but are dimensionally the same as 64-66. 2 and 4 door sedan and 2 door ht. doors are all interchangeable between
Dart and Valiant/Barracuda. Trim is different between years and models. I believe there is a slight difference in rear doors for early A wagons. I have
also been told this applies to B body wagon rear doors as well.
Lee, thank you
Looks like i have enough info to make me dangerous ;)

-
Back