65 Valiant

-
Was there such a thing as a Formula S Valiant? Did they get the in-dash tachometer? Or was that stuff only for Barracudas?

Valiants could get Signet trim package with a commando, hd suspension with sway bars as options, tow package with 8 3/4 and 323s, but no formula S package.

Convertibles would have torque boxes as well... ;-)

your vert is indeed a commando car, and requires the resonator with the large stainless tip, which fills in that cut out notch very nicely. Accurate exhaust systems in oregon sells a complete factory style exhaust system, including the resonator. google them for pics and info. many of those cars came without a sway bar. your lower control arms have the sway bar link tabs on them, so its easy to obtain a factory sway bar and bolt it in. I have 3 65 valiant converts and 1 65 barracuda commando cars, and am a certified early valiant nut/enthusiast. let me know if you need any help sourcing parts or have any other questions about your 65.

Thanks, I will be taking you up on the offer. I also have a 66 Signet that is a 273 Commando car. It has the Clean Air package. And picked up a 65 Valiant 200 4 door, that has the 2 bbl 273 with a factory 4 speed.

-
Back