65 Valiant

-

69 340 dart

Reaction score
Has anyone thought about or tried to install a later A body front sub frame assy in a early A body. One of the area's of thought is the header problems.
I did this in my dirt track day's. I installed a B body sub assy including the tortion bar's and cross member in a Dodge Aspen.
The main reason was to get rid of the transverse torsion bar's that add weight in front of the front spindles.
If one were to undertake this sub frame change over the header problems would not be a problem along with power steering, brakes ect.

Just food for thought.
Please give me your feed back

69 340 dart

I assume you know that later A-bodies are slightly wider (2-3"), so your front fenders would stick out from the body. Could be an interesting look.

I assume you know that later A-bodies are slightly wider (2-3"), so your front fenders would stick out from the body. Could be an interesting look.

I ment the 67-69 they are two inches wider. By using differant offset rims I think it will work. I did not make it clear on the year. Just a thought I wanted to pass on. I know the B body front in the Aspen sure work'd out. I realize that we are talking a differant animal.

-
Back