'65 Wiper Motor Rubber Grommet/Spacers and Other Stuff?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Assuming the wiper motor itself is performing satisfactorily, what is recommended (and possible) before re-installation of this '65 wiper motor and linkage? My searches today brought up some pretty sketchy information.

The three rubber bushings are shot, we are missing one of the rubber bushing metal spacers (one is still on the mounted stud inside the car), another thread on FABO mentioned something about fiber/felt washers, and then I wonder if there are some plastic-like ball pivots that get worn like on later models?

So far, I do have a couple of new white sponge gaskets that will provide the cushion needed to mount the arms to the cowl. Thank you.

wiper motor 1.JPG

wiper motor 2.JPG

wiper motor 3.JPG

the 3 mounting isolators are somewhat universal but I can't guarantee what fits Ford, GM, etc... fits Chrysler.
https://www.autozone.com/collision-...jAEJrTL9ipzgVQv-y0UaAs2mEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Kit available at Inline Tube includes the ground strap.
1964-77 Windshield Wiper Motor Mounting Grommet, Screws & Ground Strap Kit 7pc
If your local parts store has the Dorman in stock you could compare them at the counter.
All of the pivot points in your pre 68 linkage has bronze bushings. The plastic ball sockets you mention are for much later models.

Autozone and Amazon shows out of stock/no longer available, too bad. Jim's shows some @ $63.95 but they have plain washers, not the correct metal inserts.

-
Back