650 Holley bogs out

-
i adjusted the accelerator pump and got rid of the black smoke but i still have a bog. so i guess i have to change my spring for the secondary' s. Am i right or am i totally wrong. i have been known to mess things up big time.
i am running at 10 degrees advance at 750 rpm

personally here is the low down/forget the secondary spring for now you have to pull enough vacuum to open them and i believe the opening point is somewhere over 2000 rpm /if you nail it and the car takes off then bogs you are not feeding it enough gas go up on the jets/ your problem bogging then grabbing hold means you have too much initial fuel that carb probably has a # 72 or #70 main jet in it,what ever it has stock go down a couple of sizes reset the carb with a vacuum gage and drive it. if it quits bogging make a wide open throttle run and shut the car off before lifting off the throttle then pull a plug and read it / tan= correct size jet/black= too large jet/and if it is white = not enough the reason for shutting the car off is if you decelerate under driving conditions it will clean the plugs then you don't get a true color reading/ now once you do all this i like to change my shooters to the ones that have tubes in them they get the fuel right over the venturi i have had great success with # 31 but i was also running a #3310 750 vac secondary on a larger engine

Get a performance baffel and put it in the primary bowl. On acceleration the fuel spills into the primary bores. Bog big time.

dgc333 hit it on the head. what for dist.? and is it advancing correctly?

I just put a new 650 Holley with vaccuum secondarys on my car and when I go to tramp on it. It bogs out then it catchs and almost gives you whip lash!!! Can anybody tell me what I can do to fix it.

Thanks

I have a black smoke issues with my mechanic secondary’s 650 Holley. This only seems to happen when the gas peddle is pushed the entire way to the floor.

Maybe the members on here can help both of us at the same time…

Where are you located?

-
Back