650 holley

-
Ryan.....you probably have a 600CFM......whats the list # up on the choke horn?......The 650 Double Pumpers are great carb and the 600 Vacume secondary carbs are great also....Just depends on the combo which one will be better....what ya got for combo? Jesse

Glad to se you here BIGS.
I'm reading into the question like a tuning issue, response of the carb matter.

Can you convert a vacuum secondary carb over that far or is that to much?

the list number is stamped on the front of the choke horn. it will read "LIST 4777" if it was a 650 cfm double pumper, i am not sure what a 600 vac secondary will be marked.

I have an old edlebrock LD4B intake, the ports on it seem shorter than the ports on my X heads. I am using a edelbrock TM5 on my 340 instead and am considering using the ld4b on a 318 since the ports seem mor elike what would work on a 318 head.

Bob

the list number is stamped on the front of the choke horn. it will read "LIST 4777" if it was a 650 cfm double pumper, i am not sure what a 600 vac secondary will be marked.

I'm way behind the times, but the 600 Holley I remember with vacuum secondaries is List #1850, side hung floats, single fuel inlet.

I have an old edlebrock LD4B intake, the ports on it seem shorter than the ports on my X heads. I am using a edelbrock TM5 on my 340 instead and am considering using the ld4b on a 318 since the ports seem mor elike what would work on a 318 head.

The LD4B is designed for the 273/318 sized ports. LD340 is the same basic manifold but with 340/360 sized ports.

It'll work. You could use more cfm. But it'll do. You'll have smoking throttle response.

I had a lot better luck on my 273 when I switched from an 1850 to a 3310 Holley. The difference was so noticable a friend of mine thought I had changed rear end gears. But my 273 was kinda' high strung.

-
Back