65DartGT

-

65DrtGT

Reaction score
so ive got sb in my 65 looking at radiators any suggestions Alumn or?? for fit and tight budget

Pretty much any 22" Mopar radiator will work. 1970-up have pass side lower hose and require later (aluminum) water pump. If you want a new radiator, aluminum is probably what you'll end up with.

I bought the earliest radiator that Autozone showed in the catalog (~1971) for my 65 Dart 273. That was before I got good at ebay and craigslist. Might be for a slant since a 1.5" lower tube. I put in the alum water pump (w/ new timing chain cover), but caused other problems. Can no longer use the TRW p.s. pump and had to change to a Federal pump (w/ after-market brackets ~$70). The alum pump is 1" thicker, so could barely fit a Summit nylon fan. Pulley changes required too.

Today, I would have kept the cast-iron w.p. and looked for an alum radiator w/ hoses in the right place. The upper hose location depends on if you will have AC and what type compressor. I would only put in a Sanden today, no 50 lb RV2 for me.

I'm testing out skyline performance from ebay. I just bought an alum radiator from them. I should know by the weekend on how it fits. Price was 160 including shipping, 2 core crossflow radiator with an electric fan.

-
Back