-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ph23vo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
very rare to find a complete 66-68 CONSOLE SHIFTER assy..chrome is nice..boot not torn..knob very nice..all linkage there...taken out 30 yrs ago and sat in garage.. 350.00 SHIPPED USA [i take paypal] will be on EBAY tomorrow [thurs]

Attachments

• Picture 328.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 564
  • Picture 331.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 550
  • Picture 327.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 549
  • Picture 330.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 544
Unless someone is doing a 100% correct restoration most guys stay away from the inland shifter and opt for the hurst piece. No offense, but IMO, at your asking price you could buy a new reproduction hurst handle, and a used hurst mechanism and rods and have a much better shifter.

Not meant to be a jerk, just my 2 cents

no hurst until early 69 model year... so yes this is for some one restoring a car CORRECTLY ... haven't seen any CORRECT hurst A body CONSOLE shifters sell for less than 600.00 or so complete... handles alone get 450.00 if nice..and this shifter is nice for an original.. good luck

The switch from Inland to Hurst was part way into the 68 model year not 69.

The Inland isn't that bad of a shifter, I have one in my car. Actually, I have both an Inland and a Hurst comp plus and have swapped them for comparison. The Inland will get the job done just fine but the Hurst is more precise and reliable.

I believe the price is right at $350. Don't like the price, good luck finding one for less.

every 68 i have ever seen that was factory stock had inland..early 69 car [sept 68] in the first real original i had seen with hurst.. i suspect many 68 owners swapped to hurst once they came out...

every 68 i have ever seen that was factory stock had inland..early 69 car [sept 68] in the first real original i had seen with hurst.. i suspect many 68 owners swapped to hurst once they came out...

Im not here for a debate. The question at hand and the timeline has been well documented.

The switch from Inland to Hurst was part way into the 68 model year not 69.

The Inland isn't that bad of a shifter, I have one in my car. Actually, I have both an Inland and a Hurst comp plus and have swapped them for comparison. The Inland will get the job done just fine but the Hurst is more precise and reliable.

I believe the price is right at $350. Don't like the price, good luck finding one for less.

This correct. Great price on this shifter. Very hard to find.

no hurst until early 69 model year... so yes this is for some one restoring a car CORRECTLY ... haven't seen any CORRECT hurst A body CONSOLE shifters sell for less than 600.00 or so complete... handles alone get 450.00 if nice..and this shifter is nice for an original.. good luck

Brewers sell brand new A body console handles for $199, you can find a used A body hurst mechanism and rods if you look around for not too much, or make your own rods with rod end bearings - at $350 you could have a hurst set up. Just saying that unless you are doing a restoration the, in my opinion, better shifter can be had for the same money.

Like I said, just my 2 cents

Brewers sell brand new A body console handles for $199, you can find a used A body hurst mechanism and rods if you look around for not too much, or make your own rods with rod end bearings - at $350 you could have a hurst set up. Just saying that unless you are doing a restoration the, in my opinion, better shifter can be had for the same money.

Like I said, just my 2 cents

first of all, brewers is a no name aftermarket piece and not worth that much money. plus this guy is trying to sell his part. start your own post about how build a made up shifter that is not original.

Looks like a nice piece. Could you pull the boot up and snap a shot of the lever and shifter mechanism? Thanks. tmm

very rare to find a complete 66-68 CONSOLE SHIFTER assy..chrome is nice..boot not torn..knob very nice..all linkage there...taken out 30 yrs ago and sat in garage.. 350.00 SHIPPED USA [i take paypal] will be on EBAY tomorrow [thurs]

Could you slide the rubber boot up the shifter toward the knob and then take a picture of the area where the handle bolts to the mechanism?

I wish it would have been for sale when I built my car. I have a NOS hurst comp shifter for a body console in my car when i built it, but wanted the inland like my 67 Formula S cuda had.

Someone looking for the correct shifter will buy it, I kept getting out outbid on ebay and only one console shifter one non console inland on line when I was building my car

My apologies, I certainly didn't intend to stir anything up, or hijack a post. I hope that the seller gets his asking price or better on ebay, and as I stated before, for a restoration, it is the right shifter. The seller seemed to be wondering why there was no response regarding his post, so I offered my opinion, which I guess is not shared by others. I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back