66 and 67 bucket seats

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Are the bucket seats that came in the 66 baracuda and the 67 dart the same seats? My cuda didn't have the factory seats in it when I got it. My Dart seats have the plastic backs on them. Thanks

As far as I know the frames are the same. The 66 Cuda backs have a metal shell with a textured coating on them that clip on at the top and screw on at the bottom. There are matching coated metal pieces for the sides as well. If you want a picture, I'll have to dig mine out. I recently recovered my seats but the metal backs and side pieces are still in storage.

Minor differences in bucket seat frames and backs 66 and 67. Both backs are sheetmetal with vynil glued on and have chrome plated trim and similar side pieces Some called dress shields. One minor difference is in how the chrome trim is applied. 66 model has special steel clips sliding inside the trim that grabs the sheetmetal/vynil edge. The 67 had dimples stamped in the steel/vynil edge for the trim to grab which deletes those special clips.
The bolt holes in the seat bottom where tracks attach are the same but the tracks themselves are totally different and not interchangable.
One mor difference is found it the seat back frames. The 66 has a round upper tube that wont accept headrests. For 67 that round tube was re-formed to square which made it about an inch shorter. A 67 seat skin will fit the 66 back but not perfectly inless you take your big hammer to the upper frame section. The 66 skins will fit 67 frames with no problem.
Cars with buckets and no console got all 4 dress shields. With floor console deletes the inner 2 shilds.
Hope I didn't forget anything. :)

-
Back