66 Barracuda 273 Intake Manifold options?

-
Just remember, if you mill the intake surface, the bolt threads will be shorter and you have more of a chance to bottom out and not get the housing tight enough to prevent a leak. Shorter bolts, double flat washers, or double gaskets are your only options. I don't like using taps to clean threads but I do use thread chasers and follow up by blowing out the blind bolt hole with compressed air.

thread chaser.jpg

Mike
I have that same thread chaser set. I bought it from my friend who was a Cornwell tool rep, yrs ago.
These sets are the best for cleaning/repairing threads. i use min alot.
They also come in handy to find out what thread, is in an unknown blind hole.

Dave

I saw that. Cut a inch off the radiator end and refit the hose. It should exit the thermostat housing parallel to the radiator.
I knew you dudes had a keen eye for such details hehe.
I seriously havent found such a helpful community before, usually just a bunch of "tough guys" in other communities haha

Just remember, if you mill the intake surface, the bolt threads will be shorter and you have more of a chance to bottom out and not get the housing tight enough to prevent a leak. Shorter bolts, double flat washers, or double gaskets are your only options. I don't like using taps to clean threads but I do use thread chasers and follow up by blowing out the blind bolt hole with compressed air.

View attachment 1715959833
thanks , I did add washers but probably best to double up. The machinist is in the family and he said he didnt take much off, i wish i knew how much. Still got enough thread to add those washers which is helpful.

-
Back