66 barracuda dash pad

-

Anthony Beauchamp

Reaction score
how do i remove it? what does it take to install? where do you recommend buying a replacement? seats are white door cards and kick panel are also white what color should i go with? thank you first post here.

Lots of opinions to follow as this topic been pounded around many times. Dash pad (and metal frame) and carpet could be whatever color except white. Usually depends on body color somewhat.

There is 5 3/8's nuts that hold it to the dash. I removed my whole dash to unbolt the dash pad but I think it could be removed with a bit of wrestling.
I know dante's has dash caps that come black and you can just paint them what ever color you want.

how do i remove it? what does it take to install? where do you recommend buying a replacement? seats are white door cards and kick panel are also white what color should i go with? thank you first post here.
Unless you pull the whole dash innerstructure as a unit, you need to remove the glove box insert, instrument cluster, and sometimes the heater controls to get access to the stamped steel nuts holding the pad to the dash frame. Last I heard, Just Dashes will restore your old one. I have a decent used black one if you choose to go that way.

Two little corners strips need to be removed. I just removed and replaced a dash pad without removing anything under the dash. Took a 1/4 drive ratchet, a few extensions and a 3/8 socket. Be prepared to get in uncomfortable, stand on your head type positions under the dash though......

A '66 Barracuda shouldn't have any corner strips. The windshield pillar moldings have a section that takes their place.

-
Back