-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudamark

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Contact seller
I'm going to sell some of my fleet in the next few months. Up for sale today is a '66 Barracuda Formula S. Originally a 273 commando that now has a running, non-smoking 340 engine in it. Options on this car are: 904 Automatic, factory disc brakes, P/S, 8 3/4 3.23 S.G rear end, 14" aftermarket deep dish mags, factory A/C (a fairly rare option that year on a FS) tinted glass, Mopar electronic ignition changeover, and all the Formula S stuff.....like front sway bar, tach, 150 mph speedo, heavy duty suspension, etc. The only rust is has, other than some minor surface stuff, is a 2" X 4" spot in the bottom corner of the LF fender. Floor pans and frame rails are all nice and solid. It has some bumps and bruises and needs a full restoration to be nice. To make it a daily driver, it would need at least some cooling system work (freeze plugs and water pump leaking) new tires, and some exhaust work. I've driven it around the block but due to the leaks, no long trips. It's been in storage for the most part. It would come with an aquisition bill of sale, which in Ca. means it would have to have a brake and lamp inspection before it can be registered. You may have something similar to that in your state. In Ca, the title will say "salvage" on it somewhere. Some states don't have titles like that but many do, so you should check with your DMV and insurance company if the salvage designation on the title means anything to you. It's here in the San Diego area and can be delivered locally. I can help load it on a trailer or carrier for out of town buyers. I'm asking $3500 for it which is less than what I could get parting it out but I just can't bring myself to do it. Contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks, Mark
I just remembered a couple more things...whoever installed the 340 didn't put the compressor assy back on the engine but it's included. The parts are in the trunk along with what looks like an NOS idler pulley. The car also has the emergency flasher option too! A very loaded car. As you can see in the engine photo, the commando dress-up parts are still there.

Attachments

• 100_0616.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 100_0617.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 100_0618.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 100_0619.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,065
Boy, lot s of potential there. It's the same colour combo as my '66 FS.
It doesn't have the stripes? Does that mean that it would have been ordered with some sort of stripe delete option? Or maybe just had a repaint?
Just wondering.
Good luck with the sale -sure hope it goes to a good home - especially with the 340 in it

The racing stripe was not standard this year (at least here in the U.S.) You had to actually order it. The car has been repainted in the past but it's the same color as original.

It's still for sale! I've even reduced the price to $3200. Somebody is bound to want a well optioned A-body....Where are you???

Yes, the A/C parts for the engine are in the trunk. This is the way I got the car so I don't know where the original engine is.

This puppy looks prime for a project. I will get back to you in a few weeks once I sell my wife's Mercedes 300TD wagon. When is the last time you drove it?

I've run it in the last few weeks just to move it around. It has a leaking water pump and freeze plugs so you really don't want to go any distance with it. If I had more time, I'd change them out and get it on the road but I have too many other projects that take precedent.

Timing is everything. I picked up my 66 3 months ago and of course this one is a much better base to start from. haha. Good luck with the sale Mark.

PS. if you decide to part it out I can send you a grocery list of things I need :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back