66 Barracuda Rear Windshield

-

Mogie

Reaction score
Hi does the rear glass take the same chrome trim as the front windshield? Thanks!

I'm not aware of "chrome trim" for front or rear glass.
The windshield glass gasket requires a locking strip. You can buy "black" or "chrome" and either can be used for front or rear glass. Be aware that there is not enough locking strip in a roll to cover the front and rear.

I hope this helps

I’ve got my rear window out and the glass guy had me buy 2 rolls of the chrome locking strip to cover the distance.
Also note the strip being sold now is not the actual strip. It’s for a Chevrolet pickup but only option. Verify the part number because even though it will work- the same part number in the same green bag is less money when you order it for the Chevrolet pick up. Just food for thought. People know how rare the actual strip is for the Barracuda and are upping the cost when we buy vs a pickup guy buys it. Same bag, same length same stripe but higher cost.

@65dartcharger found a roll of NOS lock strip for I think his award-winning 65 DartCharger. I think there was a bit left so I think he sent it to DMT in hopes they could reproduce it. I think Mopar probably used the same lock strip for both Darts, Valiant and Barracudas and maybe for other models as well. Maybe Ulf will chime in on the status of a reproduction.

Thanks for all the responses guys it is the locking strip i am referring to.
Happy holidays.

Here is a picture on how DMTs locking strip looks like. On the right side is how the NOS piece looks like. I still have a piece of factory strip but I'm not sure where they can reproduce it as the factory did. Jim has super great stuff and the one he did is close but not spot on as he says. Not sure what to do?
One of my friends bought a 1960 Valiant wagon from New Mexico. When I looked at it it seems like the looking strip for the front windshield is the same as 64/65 Darts. For those years the strip was V shaped and for 1966 which was the last year for the strip it was shaped like a up side down V for all A-bodies.

LOCKINING_STRIP_CLOSE_2000_COMPARISON_NOTE__13205.1481859706.jpg

I bought the DMT locking strip, no regrets, no struggle, looks great, seals perfect. As with any of these, setting them out in the sun for a while, makes them more manageable. More of a problem for me was carefully preserving the aluminum corner clips and joint cover....not sure where you could find those.

It’s been a long time but I think the 65 Barracuda is like the one Ulf pictured. It has the ribbed look. 66 Barracuda had the smooth look.

-
Back