66 Barracuda rocker panel side

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
does any one have a picture of the side rocker panel covers before they get clipped on?

At the final stages of bodywork and all I have is holes but no reference to what clips go where. Some are single 1/4” holes and some are small like 1/8” holes (2) about 4” over a 3/32” hole. It’s been over 25yesrs since I had them on.... I forget.
Thanks-
Joe

BAB728AD-BB03-4EDD-95FE-08C971C167E7.jpeg

BAEBB880-E26A-4E8B-A6F0-E49190D32B1A.jpeg

does any one have a picture of the side rocker panel covers before they get clipped on?

At the final stages of bodywork and all I have is holes but no reference to what clips go where. Some are single 1/4” holes and some are small like 1/8” holes (2) about 4” over a 3/32” hole. It’s been over 25yesrs since I had them on.... I forget.
Thanks-
Joe

View attachment 1715196998

View attachment 1715196999

Back in 1975 when I painted the Dart the rocker trim and clips were removed for the paint job. I still haven't put them back on . That was in L.A.

Now that my Dart just got out of the paint shop for a complete color change two weeks ago. Its time to put the rocker trim back on , but alas the clips were left behind in L.A. back in '76 and no one makes repop clips . This will make rocker trim a challenge to install.
Perhaps I'll leave them of and just call the holes in the rocker ... lightening holes.

At least you still have the clips .

Wow! I figured if anyone had a picture of the clips in place before the rocker covers went on it would be here.
It is also why the rockers have not rotted off being in CT for 30 of the 52 years on this planet.
Any help is appreciated.

Wow! I figured if anyone had a picture of the clips in place before the rocker covers went on it would be here.
It is also why the rockers have not rotted off being in CT for 30 of the 52 years on this planet.
Any help is appreciated.
Im techno challenged but pm me with phone # and I can send pics

If you can get the FSM online they will tell you what fasteners go where in the body section. I just got mine (free download) for the Imperial and because this is the first one I've ever worked on, it's invaluable.

Here is my rocker trim and pics with it off and the broken clips that were left behind. I hope this helps. I don't think the placement is too critical as long as they run the length of the rocker.
IMG_1512.jpg
IMG_1511.jpg
IMG_1510.jpg

-
Back