66 Barracuda Seat Belts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have front belts from a 64 Dart but not sure if they are for a bench or bucket seat application.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Attachments

• 7608537-DSCN1983.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 94
Why do 80 % of people requesting interior trim items, Omit the color prefered of the item. To me the number one priority.

they were installed retroactively. C body ones are taller, like in photo. B body ones, and A would be shorter, that is why I definitely made the comment.

Further there were only 4 ,maybe 5 interior colors available in the 64, or 5 Dart, and the color visible in photo is not one of them.

The buckle is a 65 or 66 style though.

Even further, 64's still had belts anchored behind the seat on floor, and not on tunnel or side of rocker. However this was a transition year and some cars could be coming with side anchored belts. But my recollection on this is the outside belt was loose, not in a shell retractor.

With cars being so old and stuff switched around, a detective on what is correct, needs more work and eyes to details, coming from many sources. The parts book bible is good nightly reading.

64-65 a-body seat belt are different than 66, keep that in mind when looking. The chrome buckles and latches changed in 1966, 67-up might work too....

they were installed retroactively. C body ones are taller, like in photo. B body ones, and A would be shorter, that is why I definitely made the comment.

Further there were only 4 ,maybe 5 interior colors available in the 64, or 5 Dart, and the color visible in photo is not one of them.

The buckle is a 65 or 66 style though.

Even further, 64's still had belts anchored behind the seat on floor, and not on tunnel or side of rocker. However this was a transition year and some cars could be coming with side anchored belts. But my recollection on this is the outside belt was loose, not in a shell retractor.

With cars being so old and stuff switched around, a detective on what is correct, needs more work and eyes to details, coming from many sources. The parts book bible is good nightly reading.

Ill need to check mine when I get home, but these sure look the same as the one I have.

Here's a picture of the one off my 66 barracuda, they look the same...

Attachments

• IMAG0931 (800x451).jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back