66 Barracuda Seat Question

-

TXOval

340 stroked to 416
Reaction score
My 66 Barracuda is my first Mopar.

My front seats sit at an incline, and looking at the brackets, it appears you can loosen a bolt and level it up.

Hopefully this is making sense…right now my butt sits lower than my knees, so I’d like the seat bottom to sit closer to flat

That’s certainly what they look like. I’ll just get after it tomorrow.

I just wanted to make sure this was standard and I don’t have some funky seat bracket

No you’re correct. Those seats have a few adjustments up down, forward backwards. Tilt if you adjust them.

after rebuilding my 66 seats it felt like it took forever to adjust for my 6ft height. Because of that, the back seat is kinda useless unless you are like 6yo.

The steering column also adjusts but on the same angle a bit also.

Thank you, crazy to me that they put those adjustments in there, but I guess it’s a good thing in the end!

1716574189971.jpeg

Two bolts on each track - inside and outside. For each front seat. I got this pic from an old FABO post. It comes from the Valiant owner's manual. It's also in the Barracuda owner's manual, which I have, but right now I can't remember where it is.

Last edited:
Unfortunately that feature ended in 1966. I'd love to be able to adjust the seats in my '67 and '68 A-bodies.

-
Back