-
Status
Not open for further replies.

pbiggs

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Looking to buy a good used front driveshaft slip joint for my 66 Barracuda. The original has part number 2530892 stamped on it. 25 teeth 26 index and approximately 9 1/2" total length.
Thanks

Just out of curiosity wouldn’t just about any slip joint that fits a 904 work? Or you need an original with the correct part number.

Where is the part number located? I parted out a 66 years ago and still probably have the driveshaft.

Just out of curiosity wouldn’t just about any slip joint that fits a 904 work? Or you need an original with the correct part number.

Where is the part number located? I parted out a 66 years ago and still probably have the driveshaft.
Hey Don...My parts book indicates the same yoke for manual and A/T transmissions 904 and 727. A and B body cars are the same (at least in 66). On a factory slip joint, the number 2530892 is embossed on the flat surface of the u-joint end. The catalog part number is 2530894.
Atermarket units seem to be a couple inches shorter than the factory ones.
Think I have one check later today. Will PM pics

Dave

Hey Don...My parts book indicates the same yoke for manual and A/T transmissions 904 and 727. A and B body cars are the same (at least in 66). On a factory slip joint, the number 2530892 is embossed on the flat surface of the u-joint end. The catalog part number is 2530894.
Atermarket units seem to be a couple inches shorter than the factory ones.

You would need a pretty big hammer and some lube to get a 727 yoke in a 904.

You would need a pretty big hammer and some lube to get a 727 yoke in a 904.
I stand corrected....manual trans (except 18 spline 4 speed) and 904 A/T use the same slip yoke. Thanks for pointing this info out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back