66 Barracuda ?

-

catsncudas

Moparholic
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I hope you all can help me determine what is correct for my wife's car. We have it at the body shop ready for paint, but on the rear quarters by the taillights, are these dimples in the panels. The left side looks like it was stamped like that, but the right side had previous damage so it's hard to tell. Anybody ever seen these dimples? Every other 66 as far as I can remember didn't, but I want to be sure. My body guy isn't too sure, because he hasn't really messed with early A's. Thanks in advance. Neil

cuda1.jpg

Not factory. It's a ding! Your body guy should of been able to tell by the way it indercuts the tail housing.

Body damage. They have not been present on every '66 Barracuda I have lusted after for 42 years now and definitely are not present on my '66 Valiant. They aren't present on memike's Valiant either. Got a little more work to do.

Thanks guys. I knew this was the right place to post:cheers:It's deceiving when you look at it up close because it follows the lines of the taillight really well. I have to defend my body guy, though. He's just not really familiar with the early A's. He has done some pretty nice 68's though. Here's his latest awesome creation:love7: I think when mine comes back from paint it will be pretty cool.

cuda2Small.jpg

Hey there Neil. I'm that little short girl that has the red '65 Barracuda that you met late last summer at a car show. I really love your wife's car. It's gorgeous. And is Bucky painting the car? Or Travis? They have some serious talent. I haven't seen the King Cuda up close, but from the pictures I've seen its unreal.

Hey Brittany. I definitely remember you and your Cuda. I love that car. Travis is gonna be painting the car as far as I know, but either him or Bucky is a win/win. They have put a lot of time in prep so it should turn out great. You have to see King Cuda II up close to really appreciate it. The paint is phenomenal to say the least. We'll be going to Maple Grove for the Hemi Shootout, so if you want to hitch a ride with the wife and me just holler. Then you can see it real close up:-D

That's great I'm glad you remember me. Yeah, you can't go wrong with either one of those guys. When is the Hemi Shoot out at Maple Grove this year? Are you planning on going to Mopar Carlisle? I got suckered into going to GM last weekend and it was so dead. Nobody was there. I have to get a few things for my car. I want to get those stock ralleys for it. But I have question...I got into an argument with my dad about this: my car should have the smaller chrysler bolt pattern right?

I'll have to check on the Hemi Shootout date. You should have small bolt attern wheels. If so I have some 14" sbp ralleys laying around. We're going to Carlisle on Friday the 11th for sure.

For a fact. Not factory.

Looking forward to seeing the paint job.

Strange looking dents. Probably the rear taillights were smashed in and someone replaced the taillights but didn't fix the dents.

Body damage. They have not been present on every '66 Barracuda I have lusted after for 42 years now and definitely are not present on my '66 Valiant. They aren't present on memike's Valiant either. Got a little more work to do.

grumpuscreature is correct :cheers:I just had to show it off here again.:-D

valiant 026.jpg

valiant 028.jpg

whens the HEMI shoot out at maple grove ?? there is a hemi reunion in sept at an old school drag strip in central PA,,

-
Back