'66 Canadian Valiant-new guy here

-

hemidart1

Reaction score
Hey, my name is Al and I'll be coming here more now after picking up an A body last month. It's a '66 Canadian Valiant 200 post car-which means it's a Dart without the Dart name tags.
I'm transforming it into a a mini-max wedge /superstocker look. It'll be all white with white steel wheels, gold intertior and a '64/65 hemi scoop. I've already painted the engine bay, trunk, and door jams and put the scoop on it.
I'll be using it as a street strip car.....I've got a nice '67 charger I use for just cruising around.

I'll post some pics of my progress this week.
I'm also on the lookout for some of the Canadian only trim that I snapped during the tear down.the car has only 40,000 miles and is all original paint right now.

I'm happy to see an early a-body section as well!

Al.

PICTURES!! Man we need pictures. I want to see what your hood looks like with that scoop on it. Also, what engine ya gonna build for it?

Here's mine. Picked it up for $400.

detail

more pictures:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mopowers2/detail?.dir=bd3escd&.dnm=de79scd.jpg

Nice ride.... How did you fit those tires under there? I'm hoping to use 235/60/15 Drag radials..... but I'm open to some cutting and inboarding
I'm going to run a small block with fenderwell headers and a 9 inch rear end.
I'll post some pics tonight

Al.

I just got done minitubbing it and relocating the springs. There's just enough room for the 325/50/15 drag radials I bought off ebay. Next up is a roll cage and frame connectors before I start on the body work and paint. I can't wait to see your hotrod.

66dart.jpg

tire.jpg

tire2.jpg

here it is....It for some reason the guy who I bought it off put some primer on it to cover the thin spots on the original paint.... the body is very straight! The fenderwells are cut to run Hooker headers and yes I did add a final coat of custom coloured splatter in the trunk, then I cleared over it. I wanted it to be tough since I'm going to relocate the battery there.
The scoop still needs some massaging to fit perfect and the hood is off another Canadian Valiant (mine had a ding in it and this one was perfect.)
I painted the engine bay a 1966 Chrysler white.
Anyhow it's a start....
IMG_5326.JPG

IMG_5333.JPG

IMG_5327.JPG

Al.

Al,

Your car looks awesome. Looks like a solid starting point. Do you need any trim? I smoothed mine out including the rocker trim. Just let me know

thanks! The only trim I'm missing is the one I broke on the roof rear pillar. It's a Canadian only emblem so I doubt I'll find it. It says "ValiantV200"

Al.

awesome! great mind think alike, mine is going a similer way. Pics asap. Any problems you can have with the build I have had but I can see light now, and it runs strong. As soon as it will pass tech I will have some timeslips as well. 66s rule!

Welcome, There is a bunch of 66 Dart/Canadian Valliant owners here. We could have our own website LOL. Yours looks solid as a rock. It might have came from snow country but they must not use much salt where you live.
toolmanmike

Very cool...I have a white 66 Dart (Cousins...close cousins) also. Here are some pictures which may help you in the process. There is someone else on this board who has a very nice Canadian Valiant. I like the hood scoop...very tempting...

Engine Bay (Click to Enlarge)

Side Shot (Click to Enlarge)

Interior (Click to Enlarge)

Trunk (Click to Enlarge)

Thank You!

Clint
San Gabriel (Los Angeles)

Wow nice car....it looks great in white. You've given me some hope!
My plan is to have it done by next Mopar Nats (I hope) and race it in the street tire class. I was real lucky that the car sat in a barn for 20 + years as the body is near perfect. The only problem area is the front floor pans which were toast because of the rubber floor mat. I picked up a set of pans at the NATS this year and am going to install them this weekend...then put in the carpet and the interior is done!

Now comes the drivetrain $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and paint!
Yikes!
Al.

not a bad car Al.. looks good and who knows you might find those emblems.

Mopowers. my gosh, my plans mimic yours.. disturbing really, but yet exciting as i know how it will look now.. lol

everyones cars look great..
"THE 66 VALLY THREAD"
:headbang: WOOT :headbang: .

Cerwin

It will look much better once I slap a coat of paint on it.

Al.

Glad to see another ride like mine exists!!!!!!

I could look at these pics all day. Guess I'm an early "A" junkie. Any A body for that matter.

WhooHoo! Gotta love 65-66 Dart/Valients! I'll take a few pix of my work in progress after I paint my steel wheel black and put new rubber on them on Saturday. Gonna change out the oilpan gasket and drain plug after I clean off the bottom of the motor. Then I can actually drive the Dart to work! :)

BTW, My car will have the real 70's feel, because it has 14's on the back and 13's on the front. Instant rake! :headbang:

Great rides everyone!
I'm located in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario....across the river from Sault Ste Marie Michigan!

Al.

Looks like a nice project. You wil have fun with it. I love my 66 Dart, have had it for 12 years now, and am hoping to get tio working on it again this winter, Be sure to kepp us updated on it.

-
Back