66 Cuda fold down rear seat

-

4spdcuda66

Reaction score
I started reupholstering the seats a while back and ran into some trouble. The covers I got from Legendary were 2-1/2 inches too short top to bottom and three inches too narrow side to side. Well, they made right with me on that and I got the seat back done. If you are doing these you will need to re use the brass vents that attach to the bottom of the seat back cover. All you have to do is pry them out and cut slits in the new seat back and re crimp them. There are tabs that puncture the cover and then bend down to attach the cover instead of hog rings. I assume this is the same seat back you would find in a Valiant or Dart wagon. The last photo shows the tabs that hold the new cover on. There are only a few hog rings used. There are two listing wires at the sides, I used two per side.

seat back old carpet.jpg

new seat back carpet installed.jpg

new seat back upholstery.jpg

view of vent.jpg

brass vent crimped.jpg

uncrimping vent ring.jpg

brass vevt.jpg

brass vent removed.jpg

rear seat back  with carpet removed.jpg

I used a piece of poster board to glue the carpet to the seat back. I used the same glue on both sides of the board, this is strong stuff both literally and figuratively. It holds well, use proper ventilation.

gluing seat back carpet.jpg

-
Back